Ladybird Books were a brand of children's books. They featured one-three stories from the first two seasons in each book and were illustrated using photographs from the television series. Some books also came with cassette audiobooks narrated by Ringo Starr.
- Percy Runs Away and Thomas and the Breakdown Train
- Thomas Goes Fishing and James and the Troublesome Trucks
- Thomas and Terence and James and the Tar Wagons
- Thomas and Bertie and Thomas Down the Mine
- Toby and the Stout Gentleman and Thomas in Trouble
- Edward, Gordon and Henry and Gordon Off the Rails
- Thomas's Christmas Party
- Thomas, Percy and the Coal/Saved from Scrap
- Thomas and Trevor/Duck Takes Charge
- Percy and Harold/Percy Takes the Plunge
- Pop Goes the Diesel/Dirty Work/A Close Shave
- Thomas Comes to Breakfast/BoCo the Diseasel
- Daisy/Percy's Predicament/Woolly Bear
- Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree
- The Sad Story of Henry/Thomas's Train/Thomas and the Guard
Recorded 1985-1987 by Pickwick Tell-a-Tale and produced in association with Ladybird Books, all of the Ladybird books were accompanied by a series of cassettes narrated by Ringo Starr.
Some of the tapes came with the books, some were sold alone, and would feature a whistle noise to turn the page if following along with the book.
- If the cassette contained three stories, the second story would be cut in half with the first half on side one and the other half on side two.
- Book fifteen was the only Ladybird book not to have a cassette.
- The text of most of the Ladybird Books were reused later for the Buzz Books.