Lady is a Victorian-style steam engine who runs the Magic Railroad.
Lady was chased and wrecked by Diesel 10 long ago and was brought to safety by Burnett Stone. She was brought back to life with the help of Burnett's granddaughter Lily after being stored at Muffle Mountain for years, and helped Thomas defeat Diesel 10.
Lady does not seem to be based on any real locomotive prototype, but it has been suggested that she bears some resemblance to a K&SER Northiam with the rear cab cut off and an enlarged chimney. She is said to be based on "Lively Polly", owned by the Liverpool Overhead Railway Company. She may also be partially based on a LSWR 0-4-0 locomotive.
Lady is painted red-purple with gold head lamps on the front footplate, tail lamp, gold buffers, smokebox and funnel top, dome and whistles, side rods, lining and her name on each side in gold. She is also painted a very dark purple on her cab roof, lower funnel section and her footplate.
- Britt Allcroft (Thomas and the Magic Railroad)
- Marina Watanabe (Japan; Thomas and the Magic Railroad)
- Miyu Matsuki (Japan; Calling All Engines!)
- Blanche Ravalec (France and French speaking Canada; Calling All Engines!)
- Gabriela Gómez (Mexico; Thomas and the Magic Railroad)
- Hadar Shachaf Ma'ayan (Israel; Thomas and the Magic Railroad)
- Lady has a coupling on her back, but not on her front.
- Lady's face is only visible on Sodor.
- Originally Lady was not going to have a speaking role in Thomas and the Magic Railroad, her only way of communicating was "telepathy" with Thomas when he was on Muffle Mountain and her whistle. She was later given lines so Britt Allcroft could have a role in the movie.
- One of Lady's models is currently on display in Japan. Her full scale model is also being kept in storage.
- Lady shares her whistle sound with Millie.
- Lady was the first female steam engine introduced in the television series, as well as the first non-Awdry standard gauge steam engine to be introduced into the television series.
- One of her concept art images depicts her as a 2-2-2, with several design changes.
- Burnett Stone: "Well, Lady. This is your Shining Time too."
- Lady: "I hope so!"
- Burnett and Lady, Thomas and the Magic Railroad.
- "We always finish our jobs when we work together."
- Lady to Thomas, Calling All Engines!
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (two versions and battery model; battery model discontinued; reintroduced 2014 "limited release")
- Take-Along (discontinued)
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued)
- TrackMaster (discontinued)
- My First Thomas (talking)
- Bandai (several versions; discontinued)
- Nakayoshi (discontinued)
- Wind-up (normal and metallic)
- Brio (discontinued)
- Trading Cards (discontinued)
|98462 and 87546 • The Workshop Engines • The Foreign Engines • Diesel • The Foreign Engine • The Derailed Engine • Jinty and Pug • The Diesel • The Scrapyard Engines • 199 • Gordon's Brothers • The Passing Diesel • Other Railway Diesels • King James I • Old Stuck-Up • Alfred and Judy • Toby's Brothers • 8783 • The Old Engine • The Highland Engines • The Diesel Shunter • 31120 • 10751 • Wilbert • Sixteen • Sixteen's Friends • Albert • Bahamas • D5705 • Lemberg • Pretty Polly • The Dukedogs • British Railways|
|Lady • Spencer • Hiro • Hiro's Friends • Connor • Caitlin • Stephen's Competitors • The Mainland Engines • Gator|
|Silver Jubilee • Helena|
|Spencer's Special Coaches • Connor's Coaches • Caitlin's Coaches|
|The Flying Thistle • Thirteen • The Fast Mail Train|