Lady is a Victorian-style steam engine who runs the Magic Railroad.
Lady was chased and wrecked by Diesel 10 long ago and was brought to safety by Burnett Stone. She was brought back to life with the help of Burnett's granddaughter Lily after being stored at Muffle Mountain for years, and helped Thomas defeat Diesel 10.
Lady is painted red-purple with gold head lamps on the front footplate, gold buffers, smokebox and funnel top, dome and whistles, side rods, lining and her name on each side in gold. She is also painted black on her cab roof, lower funnel section and her footplate.
Lady doesn't seem to be based on any real locomotive prototype, but it has been suggested that she bears some resemblance to a K&SER Northiam with the rear cab cut off and an enlarged chimney. She is also said to be based on "Lively Polly", owned by the Liverpool Overhead Railway Company.
Lady has appeared in:
- Britt Allcroft
- Marina Watanabe (Japan; Thomas and the Magic Railroad)
- Miyu Matsuki (Japan; Calling All Engines!)
- When ERTL was making Lady, their prototype model was Rheneas' model repainted in Lady's livery. However, it was decided that the release model of Lady should look exactly like her.
- Lady has a coupling on her back, but not on her front.
- Lady's face is only visible on Sodor.
- Originally Lady wasn't going to have a speaking role in Thomas and the Magic Railroad, her only way of communicating was "telepathy" with Thomas when he was on Muffle Mountain and her whistle. She was later given lines so Britt Allcroft could have a role in the movie.
- One of Lady's models is currently on display in Japan.
- Lady: With your help! - Thomas and the Magic Railroad original workprint
- Lady: I hope so! - Thomas and the Magic Railroad
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (two versions and battery model; battery model discontinued)
- Take-Along (discontinued)
- My First Thomas (talking)
- Bandai Tecs (discontinued)
- Nakayoshi (discontinued)
- Wind-up (normal and metallic)
- Brio (discontinued)
|98462 and 87546 • The Workshop Engines • The Foreign Engines • The Foreign Engine • The Derailed Engine • Jinty and Pug • The Diesel • The Scrapyard Engines • 199 • The Passing Diesel • Other Railway Diesels • King James I • Old Stuck-Up • Toby's Brothers • 8783 • The Old Engine • The Diesel Shunter • 31120 • 10751 • Wilbert • Sixteen • Sixteen's Friends • Albert • Bahamas • D5705 • Lemberg • Pretty Polly • British Railways|
|Lady • Spencer • Hiro • Hiro's Friends • The Mainland Engines|
|Silver Jubilee • Helena|
|Spencer's Special Coaches|