LEGO is a brand of plastic construction toys that are manufactured by The LEGO Group, a privately held company based in Billund, Denmark.
In 2005, the company introduced a Thomas and Friends Duplo theme. Five sets were made, featuring Thomas (in 2 sets), James, Toby, and Percy. Each year afterwords, with usual LEGO practice, new sets were released featuring different scenes and characters. The range ran until 2010, when it was discontinued since HiT Entertainment signed a deal with Mega Bloks to make construction sets based on Thomas.
Duplo is designed for very young children, so the sets have relatively few pieces to assemble.
- 5552 James at Knapford Station
- 5554 Thomas Load & Carry Set
- 5555 Toby at Wellsworth Station
- 5556 Percy at the Water Tower
- 65766 Thomas Bridge & Tunnel Set
- 65773 James & Percy Tunnel Set
- 5543 Percy at the Sheds
- 5544 Thomas Starter Set
- The Express Coach is painted maroon instead of red. The shade of cream used is also slightly different to the one used on the coaches in the show.
- Toby has no sideplates on his model and his wheels are grey.
- James' wheels are grey, when they should be black.
- James, Thomas, and Percy all have the same design, each with small modifications to make them look more like their television series counterparts.
- All the engines (except Gordon and Spencer) have cylinders/siderods.
- The Knapford Station roof looks similar to the Kirk Ronan Station's roof.
- A Custom LEGO model of Thomas with LEGO System bricks was featured in TM Books and Video's home video, "I Love Toy Trains Part 7."
- The "Thomas Starter Set" was briefly seen at the end of the animated video "The LEGO Story."
- The platform that Sir Topham Hatt stands on at the end of the first season episode Thomas' Christmas Party is made out of LEGO bricks. It is also used to make a wire coil in the tenth season episode Toby's New Shed.