Knapford Sheds is an engine shed situated in Knapford Yards.
History and Operations
Knapford Sheds was likely constructed during the rebuilding of the Ffarquhar Branch Line that occurred in 1956. It is a two berth shed located at the end of a short siding, slightly north of the station. Since shortly after Daisy's arrival in 1960, Toby, Henrietta and Elsie have generally been sheded overnight here instead of at Ffarquhar Sheds.
Knapford Sheds is a large 8 berth shed, with a smaller maintenance shed located alongside. Emily, Arthur, Salty, Harvey and Murdoch were first based here. Spencer also stayed here on his first visit to Sodor. The shed also consists of a repair shed and a foundry, where Bulgy was repaired and later converted into a Produce Stand on Wheels. Thomas had to stay at Knapford Sheds with Emily after Tidmouth Sheds was demolished to make way for the new sheds, in Calling All Engines!. After the new sheds were constructed, Emily moved from here to Tidmouth.
- More About Thomas the Tank Engine - Better Late Than Never
- Thomas and the Great Railway Show - Museum-Piece
- Wilbert the Forest Engine - Foaming at the Funnel
- Thomas and Victoria - Toby's Vintage Train
- Thomas and his Friends - Thomas and the Swans
- Thomas and the Evil Diesel
- Thomas and the Hurricane
- Season 7 - Something Fishy, Peace and Quiet, Bulgy Rides Again and Gordon and Spencer
- Season 8 - Emily's Adventure
- Season 21 - A Shed for Edward (mentioned)
- In Calling All Engines!, Knapford Sheds was referred to as a carriage shed and it was stated that Emily lived here on her own.