|This article is about 'the book'. You may be looking for 'the special, the Sticker activity book, the movie storybook or the UK book'.|
- “What are you doing up there?"
"They're turning me into an aeroplane!”
- ―Henry and Stephen joking
King of the Railway is a book based on the special of the same name.
Thomas discovers mysteries of the past and may even find a treasure when a stranger comes to the Island of Sodor.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Sir Robert Norramby
- Spencer (does not speak)
- Connor (does not speak)
- Caitlin (does not speak)
- King Godred (does not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Peter Sam (cameo)
- Rusty (cameo)
- Winston (cameo)
- Kevin (cameo)
- Owen (cameo)
- Merrick (cameo)
- Mr. Percival (cameo)
- Lady Hatt (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Sodor Brass Band (cameo)
- The Bird Watcher (cameo)
- Apart from two illustrations, Stephen does not have a driver.
- Jack is missing his number. The front of his cab is also black.
- Connor's name is misspelled as "Conner" on his nameplate.
- James and Percy are said to toot their horns, but steam engines have whistles.
- The word "a" is missing from the Earl's following quote: "You are very important engine with a special job to do".
- In two illustrations, Victor is missing the Steamworks' logo on the side of his cab.
- The Earl says that he promised to be at the estate by two, but the clock in the illustration shows it is 2:58.
- Connor and Caitlin's coaches are just normal express coaches rather than their own rake of coaches with their colour schemes.