|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story.|
Keeping Up with James is the twenty-fifth episode of the ninth season.
James is teamed with Edward to clear a path through the snow to Knapford. Edward can not go fast and James is afraid he will delay him, but cheers up when he finds he can slide at high speeds on the icy rails. James and Edward later collect coal from the coaling plant, and Edward warns James to take care on the icy rails, to no avail. James slides too fast down Gordon's Hill, loses control and derails into a snowdrift. The Fat Controller is cross and tells James he will not be able to pull the presents train, the reason why James wanted to go so fast, and gives the train to Edward. James offers to be Edward's back engine, and the Fat Controller agrees but tells him to be careful. The presents train arrives on time, and James feels proud.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The School Choir (vocalizes)
- Gordon (does not speak)
- Salty (does not speak)
- Thomas (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Toby (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- A deleted scene shows Thomas passing James and Edward. An alternate angle of the same scene is edited to show Thomas wearing a Day Out with Thomas face.
- Percy's snowplough is Duck's from the sixth season episode, Toby Had a Little Lamb.
- In 2011, Hilary Fortnam expressed her dislike of this episode, saying that her father would be distressed if he saw it. The reason is because with the airing, the term "Christmas" was omitted in favour of "winter holidays", offending her.
- Going by production order, this is the twenty-third episode of the ninth season.
- Edward and James' snowploughs become blue and red respectively in the first scene of them in the snow.
- When Edward and James pull the presents train down Gordon's Hill, James applies his brakes, but his wheels still move.
- In the first scene of James and Edward clearing snow, James' front bogie is derailed.
- As the scene fades to James and Edward going up Gordon's Hill with the empty trucks, James stops.
In Other Languages
|Italian||Tenere il Passo di James||Keeping Up with James|
|Norwegian||Holde følge med James||Keeping Up with James|
|Gaelic||Suemas Cabhagach||Hasty James|
|Danish||James og Julegavetoget||James and the Christmas Train|
|Japanese||ジェームスについていく||Keeping Up with James|
|Spanish||Alcanzando a James / James Quiere ser el Primero||Keeping Up with James / James Wants to be the First|
|Hungarian||James sietni akar||James Wants to Hurry|
|Swedish||Bråttom, bråttom!||Hurry, Hurry!|
|Korean||제임스와 선물짐차||James and Gift Wagons|
|Portuguese||Alcançando James||Reaching James|
|Russian||Поспевая за Джеймсом||Keep Up with James|
|Romanian||Ținând Pasul cu James||Keeping Up with James|
|Czech||Jak dohonit Jakuba||How to Catch James|
|German||James hat es zu eilig||James Has to Hurry|
|Polish||Trzymając się z Kubą||Holding with James|
|Slovak||Jak dohnať Jakuba||How to Catch James|
|Thai||การทำงานกับเจมส์||Working with James|
Home Media Releases