|This article is about 'the episode'. You may be looking for 'the Chinese DVD or the Slovenian DVD'.|
- “This lamp will make me look silly! Everyone at the concert will look their best except me!”
- ―James refuses to wear the old-fashioned headlamp.
James in the Dark is the second episode of the fourteenth season.
Allicia Botti is performing at the town hall tonight and James was giving the job to pick up The Brass Band, The Mayor and Allicia Botti, but first, James has to go to the Steamworks to get a lamp. When James arrived at the Steamworks, he did not like the old-fashioned lamp because he think it would make him look silly. The workmen tried to fit the lamp, but James still did not like it and leaves.
On his way to pick up the important passengers, he stops at a junction where Thomas is waiting. He asks James where his lamp is, but James could not see who the engine was and said that lamps make him look silly, mistaking Thomas as Henry. James sees a station ahead thinking this was where he picks up Allicia Botti and the Mayor, but it was Farmer McColl and his prized Cow at Maithwaite. James could not see who it was and whistles for them to get on board, much to Farmer McColl's confusion. At a junction, Edward asked where James' lamp is, and James tells him that lamps makes him silly, mistaking Edward as Percy. James then sees a platform where he thinks it was where he picks up the Brass Band, but it was Farmer Trotter and his pigs at his farm. Not seeing who it was, James whistles for them to get on board, much to Farmer Trotter's confusion.
James arrives at the Town Hall, and Sir Topham Hatt was cross that James found Farmer McColl, Farmer Trotter and his animals. James realised what he done and felt very silly. Thomas arrives with the workmen carrying the lamp and have it fitted on James' funnel. Edward arrives admiring James' lamp. Knowing that he was still late, James asked Sir Topham Hatt if Thomas and Edward collect the important passengers, whilst James hastily takes the farmers to the docks and he agreed to James' idea. James races to the Docks dropping off the farmers and their animals and arrives back at the Town Hall where he sees Thomas and Edward shining their lamps at Allicia Botti. James uses his lamp to helps Thomas and Edward light up Allicia's concert and James could not feel prouder to have his beaming lamp.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Allicia Botti
- Henry (does not speak)
- Farmer Trotter (does not speak)
- Farmer McColl (does not speak)
- Sodor Brass Band (does not speak)
- Rosie (cameo)
- Hiro (cameo)
- Diesel (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- The Bird Watcher (cameo)
- The Teacher (cameo)
- Percy (mentioned)
- The Mayor of Sodor (mentioned)
- Town Square
- Sodor Steamworks
- Farmer Trotter's Pig Farm
- Brendam Docks
- Sodor Shipping Company
- The Fenland Track
- The Coal Hopper
- The Watermill
- Ben Small as Thomas
- Keith Wickham as Edward, James and the Fat Controller
- Matt Wilkinson as Victor and Kevin
- Jules de Jongh as Allicia Botti
- Martin Sherman as Thomas
- William Hope as Edward
- Kerry Shale as James, Kevin and Sir Topham Hatt
- David Bedella as Victor
- Jules de Jongh as Allicia Botti
- Going by production order, this is the third episode of the fourteenth season.
- Edited stock footage Play Time is used.
- The headlamp given to James was normally used on vintage cars of the early 1900's.
- The narrator makes a few mistakes about James:
- He refers to his running plate as his "boiler."
- He refers to his lamp iron as his "buffer."
- He refers to his smokebox as his "funnel."
- Throughout the episode, the engine's fireboxes do not glow.
- The lights at Maithwaite are not on.
- When James puffs away from Thomas, the signal lights are not glowing.
- Wooden Railway - James Lights the Way
In Other Languages
|Catalan||En James a les fosques|
|Czech||James a tma|
|Danish||James' nye lygte|
|French||James et la lanterne|
|German||James tappt im Dunkeln|
|Greek||Ο Τζέιμς στο σκοτάδι|
|Hungarian||James a sötétben|
|Indonesian||James di Dalam Kegelapan|
|Italian||James al Buio|
|Korean||어둠 속의 제임스|
|Norwegian||James i mørket|
|Polish||Kuba w Ciemności|
|Portuguese||James no escuro / O James fica as escuras|
|Romanian||James pe Întuneric|
|Russian||Джеймс Во Тьме|
|Slovak||Janez v temi|
|Spanish||James en la oscuridad|
|Swedish||James i Mörkret|
Home Media Releases