|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the DVD.|
|James in the Dark|
James in the Dark is the second episode of the fourteenth season.
James refuses to be fitted with an old-fashioned lamp to help him see in the dark. However, the stubborn engine begins to regret his short-sighted decision when he is called upon to pick up opera singer Alicia Botti, the Mayor of Sodor, and the Brass Band for an evening concert, but accidentally collects Farmer Trotter, Farmer McColl, and their animals instead.
James knows what must be done. Thomas and Edward collect the important passengers, whilst James hastily takes the farmers to the docks. He then quickly puffs back to the Town Hall and helps Thomas and Edward light up Alicia's concert. James could not feel prouder to have his beaming lamp.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Alicia Botti (vocalises)
- Henry (does not speak)
- Farmer Trotter (does not speak)
- Farmer McColl (does not speak)
- Sodor Brass Band (does not speak)
- Rosie (cameo)
- Hiro (cameo)
- Diesel (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- The Bird Watcher (cameo)
- The Teacher (cameo)
- Percy (mentioned)
- The Mayor of Sodor (mentioned)
- Town Hall
- Sodor Steamworks
- Farmer Trotter's Pig Farm
- The Fenland Track
- The Coal Hopper
- The Watermill
- Going by production order, this is the third episode of the fourteenth season.
- The headlamp given to James is normally used on vintage cars of the early 1900s.
- The narrator makes a few mistakes about James:
- He refers to his footplate as his "boiler."
- He refers to his lamp iron as his "buffer."
- He refers to his smokebox as his "funnel."
- Throughout the episode, the engine's fireboxes do not glow.
- The lights at Maithwaite were not on.
- Wooden Railway - James Lights the Way
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||James i mørket||James in the Dark|
|Japanese||くらやみとジェームス||James and the Dark|
|German||James ist in der Dunkelheit||James is in the Dark|
|Spanish||James en la oscuridad||James in the Dark|
|Polish||Kuba w Ciemności||James in the Dark|
|Swedish||James i Mörkret||James in the Dark|
|Greek||Ο Τζέιμς στο σκοτάδι||James in the Dark|
|Finnish||jaska pimeässä||James in the Dark|
|Russian||Джеймс Во Тьме||James in the Dark|
|French||James et la lanterne||James and the Lantern|