Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
James in a Mess and Other Thomas the Tank Engine Stories is a book illustrated using photographs from the television series.
James gets into a mess with some tar wagons.
- The stories in this book are based on episodes from the television series.
- A photograph from Duck Takes Charge is used. In the Thomas' Big Storybook edition, a promo picture of Harold from the New Series is used.
- In Bertie's Chase, the story opens with Bertie at the crossing. The same thing happens in the Shining Time Station episode, Washout.
- In the story Bertie's Chase, holes drilled into Bertie's eyes are seen.
- In the story Percy and the Signal, Gordon's front bogie is derailed.
- In the original print, the sentence line "James went redder then ever and snorted off. It was such an insult to be reminded of the time a bootlace had been used to mend a hole in his coaches" was divided in half than usual.
- A photo in Percy and the Signal is used again in the next story.
- In the first picture of James in a Mess, Henrietta is not behind Toby in the original print.
- In Percy and the Signal, the term "truck" is used once.