James and the Rescue Train is a board book written by the Reverend W. Awdry and illustrated by Ken Stott.
One day, James is taking some trucks to the yard when they start pushing him. Soon, James crashes into a field. The guard runs for help and soon Thomas comes with the Breakdown Train. He rescues James, and soon James gets repaired.
- On the front cover, James has circular cab windows, and is also missing his handrail, and in addition, his wheel arch and tender lining is yellow.
- The Troublesome Trucks are missing their faces.
- James is missing his eyebrows and whistle in the 1st illustration.
- James' pony truck wheels are grey.
- In the 9th and 11th illustrations, James has buffers on his back cab.
- James looks happy when he first gets pushed by the Trucks.
- The rails don't have spikes.
- Thomas and James are missing their brake pipes and lamp irons.