|This article is about 'the DVD'. You may be looking for 'the episodes, the UK book, The US Book, the magazine story or the mini book'.|
James and the Red Balloon and Other Thomas Adventures is a US VHS/DVD featuring six sixth season episodes narrated by Alec Baldwin and one song. It was distributed by Anchor Bay Entertainment in 2003 and Lionsgate in 2009.
2003 VHS/DVD, 2009 DVD:
PEEP! PEEP! Summer on the Island of Sodor means the engines will be very busy and must do their best to be Really Useful to keep Sir Topham Hatt's railway running smoothly. For James, this means rescuing a hot air balloon that is about to make an unexpected station stop. Find out how this splendid red engine can keep a balloon afloat all by himself. See how Donald and Duncan learn that being cross with each other leads to big trouble and watch how Rusty, Elizabeth, Rheneas and Skarloey learn what amazing things four friends can do when they get on track and work together. So get ready to hop on board and enjoy summer with Thomas and his friends.
- James and the Red Balloon
- Twin Trouble
- Edward the Really Useful Engine
- The World's Strongest Engine
- Rusty Saves the Day
- Dunkin Duncan
- Sodor Superstars Hall of Fame
- James' connect the Dots Fun "game"
- Sir Topham Hatt's Word Fun "game"
- Which Island Picture is Different? "game"
- Web Fun
- This was the last US DVD to feature the 1998 Anchor Bay Entertainment logo.
- This was the first and only US DVD to feature the 2001 Hit Entertainment after the 1998 Anchor Bay Entertainment logo. Other US Thomas and Friends DVDs after this, including the next release, contain the 2003 Anchor Bay Entertainment logo before the 2001 Hit Entertainment logo.
- Some DVD releases, for a limited time, came with a CD containing the following songs:
- Edward the Very Useful Engine is referred to as such in the episode selection and the title card when it appears onscreen, but it is referred to as Edward the Really Useful Engine on the back cover.
- James' eyes are wonky on the cover. In addition, his whistle is missing and part of the sky clips into James' cab roof.
- In the DVD menu, Thomas calls Twin Trouble: "Double Trouble."
- Writers David Mitton, Brian Trueman, Paul Larson, and Jenny McDade are not listed in the credits.
- In the Sodor Superstars Hall of Fame, Edward's Exploit is listed as Edward's Exploits in the section about Edward.
- The DVD disc has balloon is misspelled as, "baloon."