|This article is about 'the magazine story'. You may be looking for 'the Buzz Book or the Mini book'.|
- “It's a pity it's not Christmas - we could call you James the Red-Nosed Engine!”
- ―The Vicar of Wellsworth
One day, James meets Trevor, who is enjoying his work at the Vicarage Orchard. James inquires about a buzzing noise and Trevor explains that it is the bees that the Vicar keeps. He is to take them to the station so they can make honey for the Vicar's friends. Just then, BoCo arrives and warns James not to let the bees sting him, but James just ignores BoCo. Soon, James arrives at the station where a bee hive is to be placed on a train, but the hive falls and breaks open. The bees head towards James and one stings him on the nose. James tries to get rid of the bees by spinning on the turntable and having a wash, but the stubborn bees still cling onto his boiler. Soon, they give up and go back to find a new hive. The bees are soon safely in their new home and the Vicar thanks James.
- This story is based on the third season episode, Buzz, Buzz.
- At the end of this story, readers were given the chance to win an ERTL James by answering the question: "What colour is James?"
- BoCo is supposed to be warning James at the Orchard, but the second illustration shows BoCo talking to Duck at a station.
- In the photo that is supposed to show James being stung by a bee at the station, he is actually at the orchard.