| James Learns a Lesson|
and Other Stories
James Learns a Lesson and Other Stories is a US VHS featuring seven first season episodes narrated by Ringo Starr. It was distributed by Strand VCI Entertainment in 1990, Strand Home Video in 1993, Time-Life in 1994, Video Treasures in 1995, Anchor Bay Entertainment in 2001 and on DVD in 2005. HiT rereleased the DVD in 2009.
PEEP PEEP! Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends welcome you to the Island of Sodor to join in more of their adventures. With a peep of his whistle and puff of steam, Thomas chugs merrily along, pulling the passengers safely behind him in Annie and Clarabel, the passenger cars. When Thomas and his steam engine friends get together, who knows what adventures they will encounter on their way. Whatever happens, you can be assured they will learn a few lessons to get them back on the right track.
Get you ticket and climb aboard with our magical storyteller, Ringo Starr, as he takes you for a ride of a lifetime!
Get Ready! Get Set! Go! Join in on all the excitement with Thomas and the rest of your Sodor Friends. Cheer on Thomas as he and Bertie race across the Island to prove who's the fastest. Cast your line in on the fun as Thomas decides fishing is not exactly what he expected, and learn with James the danger of getting a little too rough with the coaches. Full steam ahead for wonders and surpries on this magical journey.
- James Learns a Lesson
- Foolish Freight Cars
- A Proud Day for James
- Thomas and the Conductor
- Thomas Goes Fishing
- Terence the Tractor
- Thomas and Bertie's Great Race
- Thomas' Anthem (2005 VHS and DVD only)
- On Hulu, the UK narration is used.
- This was the last US DVD to feature the original theme tune in the menus.
- The line '"Hurry, hurry, hurry," puffed James.' is missing in A Proud Day for James.
- The 1990 front cover features a screenshot from Edward Helps Out, but that episode is not on this tape.
- The 1990 and 1991 back covers both feature a deleted scene from Henry's Special Coal, but that episode is not on this tape.
- The 1991 back cover leaves out the apostrophe in Thomas and Bertie's Great Race.
- The 1991, 1993, 1994, and 1995 covers all show a deleted screenshot from Old Iron, but that episode is not included in the VHS.
- The 1993 release still has the Strand VCI logo on the spine despite being a Strand Home Video release.
- On the Strand Home Video version, just before Thomas goes Fishing, the yellow transitioning from Thomas' nameboard to the episode is seen.
- On the 2009 DVD cover, there is a copy of Thomas' funnel behind his cab.