James Goes too Far is the twenty-third (tenth in Australia) episode of the eighth season.
Percy is taking the mail and pulls up alongside James at a red signal. His signal turns to green and James is cross as he was there before Percy; but his driver explains that Percy's mail is more important than James' slow-goods. Later, James is still grumpy when Thomas gets to cut in front of him at the water tower as he is a guaranteed connection.
Later, James is given an important job to deliver coal to all the stations. Feeling important, James refuses to wait to take on more water and will not help Edward with his jobs. However, once he collects the coal trucks and starts his job, James soon runs out of water. Edward arrives with his passengers, but he can't help James as he's running late. Edward warns the signalman up ahead, and soon Salty arrives to help James. Salty scolds James about not helping Edward and reminds him that no job is more important than helping another engine.
With Salty's help, James gets more water and carries on with his deliveries. However, when James sees Diesel who has broken down, he remembers Salty's advice and helps Diesel to the fitter's yard. After that, he carries on with his coal deliveries and, the next day, the Fat Controller praises James for learning his lesson by helping Diesel and getting his job done.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Diesel (does not speak)
- Emily (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- The Storyteller (cameo)
- Going by production order, this is the tenth episode of the eighth season.
- In one scene, a White Star line poster and a Southern Railway poster are seen.
- A portrait of this episode was used in Sir Topham Hatt's Office during the CGI Series, although James is missing his face in the portrait.
- In The Complete Eighth Series UK DVD, the music is omitted at the end of the episode.
- James' driver says "your water tanks have run dry" when James, being a tender engine, only has one water tank which is in his tender.
- When James' water tank runs dry, a steam platform is visible just before he stops.
- When James arrives at the water tank, Edward is in line but after when James chuffs through Maithwaite, Edward is seen again where he should be in line for the water tower.
- When James arrives at the coaling plant there was a water tank right by him and you should have gotten water at that one.
In Other Languages
|Romanian||James Merge Prea Departe||James Goes Too Far|
|Gaelic||Obair Chudtromach||Work Together|
|Finnish||Jaska Menee Liian Pitkälle||James Goes Too Far|
|Catalan||James va Massa Lluny||James Goes Too Far|
|Italian||L'incarico Più Importante||The Most Important Job|
|Hungarian||James Túl Messzire Megy||James Goes Too Far|
|Spanish||James Va Demasiado Lejos||James Goes Too Far|
|Brazilian Portuguese||James Vai Longe Demais||James Goes Too Far|
|French||James Va Trop Loin||James Goes Too Far|
|Norwegian||James Går For Langt||James Goes Too Far|
|Danish||James Får en Vigtig Opgave||James Does an Important Job|
|Swedish||James Går Över Styr||James Goes Haywire|
|Dutch||James Overdreven||James Exaggerates|
|Flemish||James Gaat te Ver||James Goes Too Far|
|German||James Übertreibt||James Exaggerates|
|Polish||Kuba Dostaje Nauczkę||James Gets a Lesson|
|Czech||Jakub Zašel Příliš Daleko||James Went Too Far|
|Croatian||Jurica je Pretjerao||James Has Gone Too Far|
|Slovak||Jakub Zašiel Príliš Daleko||James Went Too Far|
|Russian||Джеймс заходит слишком далеко||James Goes Too Far|
|Japanese||いきすぎだよ、ジェームス||James Goes Too Far|
|Chinese||詹姆士跑得太快||James Too Fast|
|Greek||πάρα πολύ γρήγορα||Too Far, Too Fast|
|Korean||남을 돕는 기쁨||Joy Helping Others|
|Thai||เจมส์ทนงตัว||James is Egoistic|