|This article is about the Story Library book. You may be looking for the steam engine, the Railway Series book, the magazine story, the 1991 board book or the 1999 board book.|
James is the second book in the My Thomas Story Library series.
James gets into a lot of trouble. First, he lets off steam soaking the Fat Controller's hat. Then, he shoots past the platform and finally he bumps the coaches causing a leak in the break pipe which has to be mended with newspaper and a passenger's leather bootlace. The Fat Controller is not pleased and threatens to take away his red coat of paint and paint him blue. Later, James makes the most troublesome trucks on the line behave and the Fat Controller allows him to keep his red coat after all.
A little tank engine is mentioned and speaks but is not seen. It can be assumed that it is The Little Blue Tank Engine.
- This book is based on the season 1 episodes, James and the Coaches and Troublesome Trucks.
- The book was released with a CD narrated by Michael Angelis in 2007.
- In 2015, this book (along with five others) was sold as a website-exclusive book pack with a Wooden Railway James, except the other books were sold with the engines the books were named after.
- Gordon's Hill is illustrated as having a single track instead of three tracks.
- Most of the trucks in the ninth illustration lack facial features.
- James is oversized in the eight illustration.