Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is about the mini-series. You may be looking for the group of characters.|
Jack and the Sodor Construction Company or Jack and the Pack was a mini-series devised by Phil Fehrle to be a spin-off of Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends. Michael Angelis narrated all thirteen episodes in the UK, and Michael Brandon narrated for the US.
The plan was soon scrapped when HiT Entertainment took over because it conflicted with their other construction-based series, "Bob the Builder". Twenty-six episodes were planned, but only thirteen (half of the series) were filmed. The characters only appeared in two sixth season episodes, Jack Jumps In and A Friend in Need. In 2006 a DVD, Thomas' Trusty Friends/On Site with Thomas and Other Adventures, was released. Since then, the Pack has made appearances in The Great Discovery and the twelfth season episode, Percy and the Bandstand. Jack returned in CGI in the 2013 special, King of the Railway, and appeared again in Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure, in which Alfie, Oliver, Max and Monty also returned.
Headwriter Andrew Brenner stated on his CV that he has worked on this series since 2010. It is unknown if this is an indication that the series will return.
|Screenshot||Official title (top)|
Original title (bottom)
|Original UK release date||Episode number #|
| "A Visit from Thomas"|
|August 15th, 2006||#01|
|Whilst digging the foundations for a new school, Oliver the Excavator unearths a dinosaur skeleton.|
|"Jack Owns Up"||15 August 2006||#02|
|Jack knocks over some roofing slate. When Ned is blamed for the accident, will Jack do the right thing and own up to save his friend?|
| "On Site with Thomas"|
"The Importance of Being Patrick"
|15 August 2006||#03|
|The Pack all argue about whose job is more important - including Patrick the Cement Mixer who ends up face-first in his own concrete.|
| "Percy's Scary Tale"|
|15 August 2006||#04|
|Kelly tells a scary story about a one-eyed truck to the machines. Max and Monty tease everyone about it, but end up looking silly.|
| "Kelly's Windy Day"|
"Five Easy Pieces"
|15 August 2006||#05|
|Kelly is blown over by strong winds which makes him nervous of working in windy conditions. Can he face up to his fear in order to save Isobella?|
| "A Happy Day for Percy"|
"Byron Saves the Day"
|15 August 2006||#06|
|Byron the Bulldozer is tired of being ignored. He is later the centre of attention when he has to save Alfie.|
| "A Tale for Thomas"|
"The Lightning Tree"
|2 October 2006||#07|
|The Pack are repairing the Lightning Tree in Maithwaite Forest when Max and Monty runs into it. The tree is about to collapse, but can Jack, Alfie, Kelly and Oliver save it?|
| "Thomas and the Moles"|
"Buster 1, Moles 0"
|2 October 2006||#08|
|Buster feels left out when he doesn't have any jobs to do. However, Miss Jenny discovers mole hills on a field and calls Buster to flatten the mole hills.|
| "Percy Helps Out"|
"Nelson Gets Carried Away"
|2 October 2006||#09|
|Nelson is tired of his job of always having to carry the other machines, and dreams to be carried himself.|
|"The Tortoise and the Hare"||2 October 2006||#10|
|Max and Monty tease Buster about being slow and challenge him to a race.|
| "Thomas' Trusty Friends"|
"Another Fine Mess"
|2 October 2006||#11|
|Ned is disappointed when Oliver is given the chance to demolish buildings.|
|"Alfie Has Kittens"||2 October 2006||#12|
|Alfie is depressed when the other machines tease him for being small. However, he learns that being small can be very useful.|
|"Mud, Glorious Mud"||2 October 2006||#13|
|The machines run out of fuel, so Isobella is sent to pick up some more. She does not like getting dirty, but is forced to go through muddy paddocks.|
- No Dozer is an Island
- Friendship Story
- Safety First
- Treasure Hunt - The machines go on a treasure hunt.
- Snow Rescue - A group of schoolchildren are trapped high in the mountains. Jack is fitted with a snowplough, and rumbles into heroic action.
- Bossy Byron - When Kelly is sent for repairs, Byron puts himself in charge and starts to boss all the other machines about.
- The Importance of Being Patrick - Patrick feels he is being taken for granted, and Miss Jenny gets a frantic phonecall about holes in a concrete path.
- Pop Goes the Diesel - Max and Monty tell Isobella that Miss Jenny will soon get rid of the steam-powered vehicles in favour of diesel-powered ones.
- Jack and the Quack - Jack accidentally damages a duck pond, and is disappointed when he is forced to look everywhere for the ducks.
- Alfie Has a Secret - Alfie builds a crossing for some hedgehogs, while Jack and Isobella make one for the schoolchildren.
- Isobella Gets Steamed - The vicar's tractor engine breaks down, and Isobella has to pull the float with the choir.
- Jack and Alfie Swap - Jack and Alfie decide to swap jobs. However, Jack grows restless and Alfie becomes exhausted.
- Kelly's Heroes
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Jenny Packard
- The Policeman
- The Foreman
- Henry (does not speak)
- The Photographer (does not speak)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Toby (cameo)
- Salty (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- Elizabeth (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- George (dropped)
- Dryaw FC coach
- The Experts
- The Piano Lady
- The One-eyed Truck (mentioned)
- The Loader (mentioned)
- Nigel (dropped)
- This series takes place following the sixth season as it was filmed in 2002.
- This series was never shown in Latin America, Brazil, Norway, Finland, Japan, Greece, Israel, Poland, or Romania.
- Percy's model for this series has red stepladders on the end of his running board instead of green, and a green dome instead of gold.
- A large scale model of George was built for this series, but did not appear in any episodes.
Behind the Scenes