|Jack Jumps In|
Jack Jumps In is the seventh episode of the sixth season.
Thomas takes an eager front-loader named Jack to help the Pack clear ground for railway lines at the quarry. Jack looks for his work, and finally finds it, working with a small excavator called Alfie. Then, a dump truck called Max comes along and causes dust to fly over the machines. Jack tells Max to stop bullying. Max scowls and races away. Later, an excavator named Oliver is ordered to move a pile of rocks, but Jack foolishly tries to take some of them up a hill himself. As he approaches the top of the hill, he loses his balance and rolls down sideways. Jack is upset and Miss Jenny is disappointed, but Isobella, Alfie and Thomas comfort him, which makes him feel better.
- Miss Jenny
- The Foreman
- Ned (cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- This was the first episode directed by Steve Asquith.
- This was the first episode not directed by David Mitton. However, it is unknown if he was involved in the episode's production.
- The working title for this episode is "Jack Goes to Work" although it was given that title on the Thomas and the Jet Engine DVD.
- Alec Baldwin's narration has only been broadcast on the Canadian television station TVO Kids.
- Thomas leaves with the wellwagon after delivering Jack, but in the close-up of Jack, the wellwagon is still behind him.
- Studio equipment can be seen in the top-right corner when the narrator says "Byron the bulldozer was shoving rock and rubble with his giant blade."
- When the foreman introduces himself to Jack, he has a moustache, red hair and a hat. When he says "Oliver, move this rock!" he has a hard hat and no moustache.
- When Jack introduces himself to Alfie, Alfie's front-left tyre is flat.
- In some shots, a wire is visible under Alfie's hydraulic arm.
- When Isobella yells "No!" when Jack goes up the hill, wires can be seen in her cab.
- Before Jack barrel-rolls down the slope, his two left wheels change colour.
- When Miss Jenny says "We'll see if you can do better tomorrow," Oliver is smiling even though Jack is in trouble.
- When Max spins around, the turntable that makes him spin is visible.
- Jack: I'm Jack!
- Isobella: Mind my paint!
- Max: Can't you take a joke?
- Take Along (four-pack and movie car; both discontinued)
In Other Languages
|Japanese||やりすぎたジャック||Jack was Going too Far|
|Norwegian||Jack stepper inn||Jack Steps In|
|Italian||Arriva Jack!||Here Comes Jack!|
|Welsh||Gwaith ar gyfer Jack||Work for Jack|
|Dutch||Jack Gaat aan het Werk||Jack Goes to Work|
|Danish||Jack hænger||Jack Hangs In|
|Czech||Honza jde do práce||Jack goes to work|
|Russian||Джек идет на работу||Jack Goes to Work|
|Polish||Jacek jedzie do pracy||Jack Goes to Work|
|Slovenian||Jaka priskoči na pomoč||Jack Comes to Help|
|Swedish||Jack rycker in||Jack Snatches In|
|Romanian||Jack Intra în Echipă||Jack Joins the Team|
|Slovak||Jack skáče||Jack Jumps|
|Hungarian||Jack Munkába Áll||Jack's Job is to Work|
|Chinese||杰克的加入||Jack Was Added|
|Korean||일을 좋아하는 잭||Jack Likes to Work|
Home Media Releases
- Classic Collection
- Pulling Together! and The Chocolate Crunch Double Pack
- Peep Peep Party, Engines to the Rescue and The Chocolate Crunch Triple Pack
- Double DVD Giftset
- 60th Anniversary - Limited Edition Boxset
- Complete Series 1-10
- The Great Adventures of Thomas and Friends