|Jack Jumps In|
Jack Jumps In is the seventh episode of the sixth season.
Thomas takes an eager front-loader named Jack to help the Pack clear ground for railway lines at the quarry. Jack looks for his work, and finally finds it, working with a small excavator called Alfie. Then, a dump truck called Max comes along, and causes dust to fly over the machines. Jack tells Max to stop bullying. Max scowls and races away. Later, Jack foolishly tries to take some rocks up a hill. He loses his balance and rolls down the hill. Jack is upset and Miss Jenny is disappointed, but Isobella, Alfie, and Thomas are sympathetic, saying he is still really useful.
- Jenny Packard
- Ned (cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- This was the first episode directed by Steve Asquith.
- This was the first episode not to be directed by David Mitton. However, it is unknown if he was involved in the episode's production.
- The working title for this episode is "Jack Goes to Work" although it was given that title on the Thomas and the Jet Engine DVD
- Thomas is given a large scale model for the first time.
- When Max does a 180 turn, a turntable is used to spin him.
- Alec Baldwin's narration has only been broadcast on TVOKids.
- Thomas leaves with the wellwagon after delivering Jack, but in the close-up of Jack the wellwagon is still behind him.
- Studio equipment can be seen in the top-right corner when the narrator says "Byron the bulldozer was shoving rock and rubble with his giant blade".
- When the foreman introduces himself to Jack, he has a moustache, red hair and a hat. When he says "Oliver, move this rock!" he has a hard hat and no moustache.
- Oliver should not have moved his scoop while moving at such a speed when near workers.
- When Jack introduces himself to Alfie, Alfie's front-left tire is flat.
- When Max arrives, he runs over some sort of platform.
- In some shots, a wire is visible under Alfie's hydraulic arm.
- When Isobella yells "No!" when Jack goes up the hill, wires can be seen in her cab.
- Before Jack barrel-rolls down the hill, his two left wheels change colour.
- When Miss Jenny says "We'll see if you can do better tomorrow," Oliver is smiling even though Jack is in trouble.
- When Max spins around, the turntable that made him spin is visible.
- Jack: I'm Jack!
- Isobella: Mind my paint!
- Max: Can't you take a joke?
- Take-Along (four-pack and movie car; both discontinued)
In Other Languages
|Japanese||やりすぎたジャック||Jack was Going too Far|
|Norwegian||Jack stepper inn||Jack Steps In|
|Italian||Arriva Jack!||Jack Arrives|
|Welsh||Gwaith ar gyfer Jack||Work for Jack|
|Danish||Jack hænger||Jack Hangs In|
|Czech||Honza jde do práce||Jack goes to work|