It's Good to be Gordon is the ninth episode of the tenth season.
One spring morning, The Fat Controller tells Gordon that if he is on time with the express and back he will have set a new record. Gordon was happy about this, but he had to go to the coaling plant to fill his tender. After he was filled with coal, the yard manager cried out that Gordon was giving Henry's special coal by mistake. Gordon knew Henry needed special coal, but he leaves with it pretending he didn't hear thinking it would help him with his record. Henry arrived at the coaling plant to fill his tender to take some tar wagons to Knapford, but the yard manager told him that there's no special coal and that Henry will he'll have to use regular coal. Henry was worried as using ordinary coal will clog his firebox, but Henry decided to get us to it as it was only for one day.
Gordon started puffing around the island to set his new record. He's was making good time and he felt good to be Gordon. But Henry wasn't at his best as couldn't go fast to pull his heavy tar wagons, black steam came out from his funnel and was rattling. Thomas saw Henry and knew he was sick. Gordon soon finds out from Thomas about Henry's sickness and wished he hadn't taken his special coal, but he continued to set a knew record. When Gordon arrived at Maron, he saw Henry taking on water and looking very sick. Gordon felt guilty, but the stationmaster blew his whistle and Henry cheered for Gordon to set a new record.
Gordon was on time, but Gordon stops metres outside Knapford not caring for setting and new record and went back to find Henry. Gordon found Henry taking a rest tells Henry about what he did. Henry forgives him and the two big engines swap tenders under Gordon's suggestion. Henry was filled with special coal and felt better much better as they went to Knapford. Because Gordon was late, everyone left with Thomas being the only one there. Gordon felt upset that he didn't set a new record, but was cheered up when Thomas reminds him that he is still the current record-holder and the good friends laughed.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Edward (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- Refreshment Lady (cameo)
- Sodor Brass Band (cameo)
- Gordon and Henry switching tenders is similar to what Donald and Douglas did in The Missing Coach.
- This was the first episode for several things:
- The first episode to claim that Henry needs special coal after his accident and rebuild. And even if Henry did need special coal, it would be so he could make enough steam. Normal coal was never known to clog his firebox. This is a continuity error.
- The first episode to have two engines switch their tenders. Had The Missing Coach been completed, this would have been the second episode to do so.
- The first appearance of Gordon's new face mask.
- This episode marks the last time an engine driver has a speaking role until Day of the Diesels. and the last episode until the eighteenth season episode, Long Lost Friend, in which a driver has spoken dialogue.
- When Henry says "The workmen are waiting! The workmen are waiting!" his siderods are going slower than Henry's accurate speed.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Det er godt å være Gordon||It's Good to be Gordon|
|Polish||Jak Dobrze być Gabrysia||How Good to be Gordon|
|Japanese||ゴードンでよかった||It's Good to be Gordon|
|German||Es macht Spaß, Gordon zu sein||It's Fun to be Gordon|
|Dutch||Het is fijn om Gordon te zijn||It's Nice to be Gordon|
|Danish||Det er skønt at være Gordon||It's Great to be Gordon|
|Spanish||Es Bueno ser Gordon / Está Bien ser uno Mismo||It's Good to be Gordon / It's Okay to be Yourself|
|Italian||È Bello Essere Gordon||It's Good to be Gordon|
|Portuguese||É Bom Ser Gordon||It's Good to be Gordon|
|Chinese||能当高登真好||Can Be Nice When Gordon|
|Korean||고든의 욕심||Greedy Gordon|
|Finnish||Jorin Uusi Ennätys||Gordon's New Record|
|Swedish||Det är härligt att vara Gordon||It's Great to be Gordon|
|Hungarian||Az Elcserélt Szerkocsi||The Changeling Tool Trolley|
|Romanian||E Bine să fii Gordon||Good to be Gordon|
|Czech||Je fajn být Gordonem||It's Nice to be Gordon|
|Slovak||Je fajn byť Gordonom||It's Nice to be Gordon|
|Thai||ดีนะที่ได้เป็นกอร์ดอน||It is Good to be Gordon|