- “I am delighted to be involved in the latest Thomas & Friends movie. Like so many others I enjoyed the books when I was young, so it’s a real honor to be voicing a new character, Merlin. To play an engine in one of Thomas’s adventures is a big thrill for a little boy in a grown-up body!”
- ―Hugh Bonneville referring to his role
Hugh Bonneville (born Hugh Richard Bonneville-Williams on November 10, 1963 in Paddington, London, England, UK) is an English actor who joined the voice cast in Journey Beyond Sodor.
He is most notable for his role as Robert Crawley, the 7th Earl of Grantham on "Downton Abbey".
- He and Pierce Brosnan both appeared in the James Bond film, "Tomorrow Never Dies". Masashi Ebara also voiced in the Japanese version of the film.
- He and Rufus Jones both appeared in "Paddington" and "W1A".
- He, Rufus Jones, Michael Brandon and William Hope all appeared in "Agatha Christie's Marple". Tim Whitnall also wrote an episode for the series.
- He, Martin Sherman, Kerry Shale, John Ogwen, Michael Brandon, Miranda Raison, Tom Stourton, John Hurt, Tracy-Ann Oberman, Olivia Colman, Simon Fisher-Becker, Nigel Plaskitt and Glenn Wrage have all appeared in "Doctor Who". Togo Igawa appeared in the Doctor Who series spinoff "Torchwood". Jonathan Forbes, Maggie Ollerenshaw and Lucy Montgomery have all worked on audio dramas based on "Doctor Who".
- He, Jonathan Broadbent, Colin McFarlane, Nicola Stapleton, Sophie Colquhoun and Tracy Ann-Oberman have all appeared in "EastEnders".
- He and Nigel Plaskitt both worked on "Muppets Most Wanted".
- He and Alec Baldwin both had roles in "Notting Hill".
- He, Keith Wickham, Laurie Israel and Rachel Ruderman all worked on "Sofia the First".
- He and Darren Boyd both appeared in the same episode of "Twenty-Twelve".
- He, Sophie Colquhoun, Olivia Colman, and Darren Boyd all had roles in "Rev".
- He will appear with Jim Howick in "Paddington 2".