Skarloey returns home after being repaired, he is met by Rusty, who has helped him to the works. Rusty explains to Skarloey that he helps to mend the line and does odd jobs. Rusty then brings Skarloey back home.
Peter Sam is now sad, despite his accident with the slate trucks and his cracked funnel, wants to start work again. The Fat Controller doesn't let him and brings a surprise for him, which turns out to be Skarloey. Peter Sam welcomes Skarloey back home and tells him of a rude, rough, rocking and rolling engine called Duncan who had arrived to the railway. Skarloey's driver had discovered minutes later, that Duncan has just gotten stuck in Rheneas Tunnel.
Skarloey enjoys the journey and arrives to find a very cross Duncan at the very end of the tunnel, who complains about the tunnel to his driver, who is cross of him doing Rock 'n' Roll in the tunnel. After leaving some workmen behind to fix the tunnel, he helps Duncan home.
That evening, the Fat Controller reprimands Duncan and explains that the tunnel has never had problems, and threatens to 'cut him down to size' should he misbehave again. The Fat Controller is only joking but the threat is enough to make Duncan behave better.
- Skarloey Railway Engine Sheds
- Crovan's Gate
- Rheneas Tunnel
- Hawin Doorey
- Skarloey Bridge
- This episode is based on the story of the same name from The Railway Series book, The Little Old Engine.
- Pre-filmed footage from Rock 'n' Roll is used.
- On early UK releases of Rock 'n' Roll and other Stories, the exchanged lines between Skarloey and Peter Sam, "'Who is Duncan?' 'He came as a spare engine after my accident', replied Peter Sam. 'Is he useful?'" are heard later.
- When Skarloey says "I understand", his face moves.
- When Skarloey puffs out of Crovan's Gate, his wheels are moving faster than he is and he has Duncan's whistle sound.
- When Skarloey starts away with the works train, he is missing his eyebrows.
- When Skarloey pushes behind Duncan's train, he has Duke's whistle sound.
- As Skarloey comes up behind Duncan's train, there is a spot of light above the brake van in the tunnel.
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Por fin en Casa||Finally at Home|
|Norwegian||Endelig hjemme||Finally Home|
|German||Endlich zu Hause||Finally Home|
|Japanese||なつかしのわがや||My Sweet Old Home|
|Dutch||Eindelijk Thuis||Finally Home|
|Russian||Наконец дома||Finally Home|
|Ukrainian||Нарештi вдома||Finally Home|
|Slovenian||Spet doma||Again at Home|
|Hungarian||Végre otthon||Finally Home|
|Finnish||Oma Koti Kullan Kallis||Home Sweet Home|
|Italian||Finalmente a Casa||Finally Home|
|Welsh||Gartref a'r Diwedd||Home at Last|
|Romanian||Acasă în Sfârşit||Finally at Home|
|Slovak||Konečne doma||Finally at Home|
|Swedish||Äntligen Hemma||Finally Home|
|Polish||Nareszcie w Domu||Finally in the House|
|Danish||Endelig hjemme||Finally Home|
|Greek||Αρχική επιτέλους||Home at Last|
|Thai||ดันแคนติดอุโมงค์||Duncan Caught the Tunnel|