|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the German VHS.|
Setember 10th, 1992 (UK)
Bill and Ben are bored at the China Clay Company and are delighted to be asked to work at the harbour for the day, but they unwisely ask the trucks for advice. As a result, the yard gets in a mess, causing Gordon to be late with the Express. The next day at the company, a rockslide devastates the quarry, but Bill and Ben get all the workmen out just in time. The next day, the Fat Controller arrives on board Edward and praises the twins for saving the day. Bill and Ben think that being called "heroes" is quite a nice surprise.
- In Norway, this episode is named, "Bill and Ben Become Heroes". The Italian title is "What a Surprise!". In Japan, this episode is called "Bill and Ben, We did It!'.
- This episode is adapted from the magazine stories, In a Muddle and Heroes by Andrew Brenner.
- In the UK narration, the line "The twins laughed and set to work" is absent.
- In the US narration, the line "The Fat Controller was waiting for them" is missing.
- The fanfare heard at the very end of the episode is almost identical to one heard in TUGS episode High Tide.
- In the second shot of Bill and Ben shunting trucks at the harbour, a truck with half a load of coal is visible. When the twins shunt this truck the load shifts, revealing it to be a wooden prop made to look like coal.
- When the twins say "Thank goodness we're here," a bug crawls from Bill's line of trucks to Ben's and back.
- The roof of the building is made of cardboard, as seen when it absorbs the water from the water tower.
- In the British narration, the Fat Controller says "Hooray, hooray, hooray" without enthusiasm.
- When the twins enter the harbour, the track on the bridge bobs up and down.
- When the quarrymaster comes to tell the twins to go and work at the harbour, the coat on his small scale model is a different colour than the one on his large scale model.