|This article is about 'the DVD'. You may be looking for the episode, the Step into reading book', the promotional DVD or the storybook'.|
Henry and the Elephant, formerly named The Gallant Old Engine and Other Thomas Stories, is a US and Canadian VHS/DVD release featuring six episodes from the fourth season which are narrated by George Carlin and one song. It was distributed by Anchor Bay Entertainment in 1996, reissued in 2001, and released on DVD in 2008.
PEEP! PEEP! All aboard for the Island of Sodor and new stories from Thomas and his friends. Watch as Stuart and Falcon help out when Duke isn't feeling well. See how Henry frees an elephant that's stuck in his tunnel and cheer on Rheneas as he carries his passengers home safely during a big storm.
So join Thomas, Percy and all of your crew - they have loads of adventures waiting for you.
PEEP! PEEP! Everyone's favorite #1 engine is back with more exciting stories from the Island of Sodor. Meet Bulstrode the Barge and find out how, even with his bad temper, he turned out to be really useful. Join in on the trick Stuart plays on Duke, and see how an elephant leaves Henry all washed up. So make sure your ticket is stamped and don't miss the train for another fun-filled adventure with Thomas and Friends.
Everyone's favorite #1 engine is back with more exciting stories from the Island of Sodor. Join in on the trick Stuart plays on Duke and see how an elephant leaves Henry all washed up. Make sure your ticket is stamped and don't miss the train for another fun-filled adventure with Thomas and Friends™.
- Henry and the Elephant
- You Can't Win
- Special Attraction
- Passengers and Polish
- Gallant Old Engine
- Railway Word Find Activity Sheet
- Sir Topham Hatt's Scrapbook [Version 2] from New Friends for Thomas
- On the cover of the 2001 release, a mirrored image from Steam Roller is used.
- Just like in Percy's Ghostly Trick and Other Thomas Stories, Sir Topham Hatt is called "The Fat Controller" in the song.
- This and Rusty to the Rescue were the only Anchor Bay DVD releases of Thomas not to come with booklets at all.
- Each nameboard sequence ends with the character that the following episode is about.
- The nameboard sequence preceding You Can't Win ends on Duke.
- The nameboard sequence preceding Special Attraction ends on Percy.
- The nameboard sequence preceding Passengers and Polish ends on Duncan.
- The nameboard sequence preceding Gallant Old Engine ends on Rheneas.
- The nameboard sequence preceding Fish ends on Duck.
- The nameboard sequence preceding Really Useful Engine ends on Thomas.
- You Can't Win is out of sync.
- In the description, it says "...Join in on the trick Stuart plays on Duke..." but in the episode they are referencing, Duke is the one that played the trick.
- The 2001 cover shows Gordon without his middle lamp iron.
- Despite the name being changed, the title card on the DVD retains the old title.
- On the cover of the Henry and the Elephant release, one of Henry's lamp irons is missing.