Helmut Krauss (born June 11th, 1941 in Augsburg) is a German actor and voiceover artist.
He is best known for voicing General Grievous from "Star Wars: The Clone Wars", Maurice from "The Penguins of Madagascar", Darkseid from "Superman: The Animated Series", Moe from "An American Tale", and Shredder from the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" films. He has also dubbed for actors such as Marlon Brando, John Goodman, Yaphet Kotto, and Samuel L. Jackson.
- Both he and John Hurt voiced General Woundwort from "Watership Down" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Armando Réndiz voiced Maurice from "The Penguins of Madagascar" in their respective languages.
- He, Yehonatan Magon, Tokuyoshi Kawashima, Piotr Bajtlik, César Árias, Karina Altamirano, Pasi Ruohonen, Caspar Phillipson, Alan Prieto and Oliver Rohrbeck the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" films. There have also been several other people that have worked on other parts of the franchise:
- Alan Prieto ("again"), Yehonatan Magon ("again"), Javier Olguín, José Gilberto Vilchis, Ricardo Bautista, Tim Kreuer, Jorge Badillo, Mia Kadosh, Idzi Dutkiewicz, Józef Pawłowski, Gadi Levy, Tzvika Shwartzberg, Shōto Kashii, Hiroshi Tsuchida, Talya Barkay and Sukekiyo Kameyama ("the 2012 version").
- Hiroko Emori, Rainer Schmitt, Daiki Nakamura, Hideyuki Umezu, Dariusz Odija, Håkan Mohede, Herman López, Achim Schülke, Reinder van der Naalt, Luis Alfonso Mendoza, Toshiharu Sakurai, Jorge Santos, Marion von Stengel, Masayuki Omoro, Simcha Barbiro, Kiyoyuki Yanada, Tomohiro Nishimura, Bin Shimada, Talya Barkay ("again"), Hidenari Ugaki, Gérard Boucaron, Kenji Utsumi, Naoki Tatsuta, Kiyonobu Suzuki and Oliver Rohrbeck ("the 1987 version").
- Hidenari Ugaki (again), Yohei Nishina, Jan-David Rönfeldt, Stig Krogstad, Samuel Harjanne, Tokuyoshi Kawashima, Kiyonobu Suzuki, Kunihiro Kawamoto, Denis Bespalyy, Ryūji Nakagi, Saar Badishi, Daisuke Gōri, Takafumi Kawakami, Tzvika Shwartzberg, Shōto Kashii, Santiago Ziesmer, Kenji Utsumi and Dariusz Odija ("again") ("the 2003 version").