- "Ol' Wheezy can be wild! And Hee-Haw..."
"...is just plain crazy!"
- ―Dash, Bash, and Ferdinand, Jumping Jobi Wood!, fourteenth season
Hee-Haw is a steam donkey crane that is stationed on Misty Island.
When Thomas refused to work with Ol' Wheezy, he had Hee-Haw put to use to move the Jobi Wood. The Logging Locos tried to tell Thomas not to use Hee-Haw as he uses a lot of oil, which they need to run.
Later, Hee-Haw had ran out of oil and he bellowed thick black smoke all over Thomas, James and the Fat Controller. Dash's driver had to repair Hee-Haw and refuel him with oil. During winter time, Hee-Haw and Ol' Wheezy were decorated for the Misty Island Christmas party.
Despite not being sentient, Hee-Haw is referred to as a male and according to Bash, Dash and Ferdinand they describe him as "plain crazy".
Hee-Haw is based on Swansboro Land and Lumber Railroad's steam donkey, widely used in logging operations.
- Nobuaki Kanemitsu (Japan)
- Hee-Haw is named after the sound a donkey makes.
- Hee-Haw is the second non-sentient crane to be named on screen (the first being Ol' Wheezy). However, Hee-Haw can speak in the Japanese narration.
- Cranes resembling Hee-Haw appeared at Arlesburgh Yard in Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure.
|Harold • Bulstrode • P. S. Cumberland Road • S.S. Kathryn • Dignity • Mermaid • North Star • Nancy and Violet|
|Cranky • Jeremy • Colin • Captain • Owen • Merrick • Reg • Beresford • Carly • S.S. Roxstar • Tiger Moth • Lucinda • The Queen of Sodor • A.J.R. No.1 • Ol' Wheezy • Hee-Haw • Sodor Line • Happy Hook • The Cranes • Krystyna • G-Hewi • Tugboats • The Aeroplane • The Salvage Barges • The Canal Boats • The Mail Boat • Lakesider III • The Fultan Ferry • The Tramp Steamer • AC.3929 • The Hot Air Balloon|
|Bluebird • The Tug Boat • The Yacht • The Lifeboats • Sodor Voyager • S.S. Sodor • The Old Dinghy • Sir Topham • Steam Boat • The Seaplane • Sodor • The Airship • The Speedboat • Seasprite • Lizzie • The Submarine • S.S. Sodor Queen • S.S. Sodor Steamline • Sodor Harbor • Dilly|