|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the coal hopper, the bull or the Story Library book.|
Hector the Horrid is the fifth episode of the eleventh season.
Bill and Ben bring a new coal hopper, Hector, to the coal yards, and warn Thomas that he is very aggressive. Hector proves that point when Thomas tries to shunt him, to which he replies by roaring "KEEP AWAY!" Later when Rosie came to help, he scared her away. Thomas decides to teach Hector a lesson by bumping him very hard; unfortunately, he bumps Hector so hard that he derails. Hector then reveals he was aggressive so he would not have to carry coal, as he was scared. When he helps Hector back on the rails, Thomas shows him it is no hardship, and now Hector is the best-behaved coal truck in the yard.
- Bill and Ben
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Edward (does not speak)
- Rocky (does not speak)
- This episode marks Bill's last speaking role until the seventeenth season episode, Percy's Lucky Day.
- In the UK and US televised version, Hector crashes into the buffers, but they fly off to his left before he rolls over. In the DVD version, Hector crashes into the buffers, the buffers slide over to his right, and his rear-bogie wheels lift up slightly before he rolls over. Also, Hector is dirtier after the crash in the DVD version.
- The US narration of this episode has yet to be released on Home Media.
- An alternate angle of Thomas backing up to the trucks is shown on PBS Kids and Nick Jr. airings.
- Going by production order, this is the eighth episode of the eleventh season.
- When Thomas is being filled up with coal, he is in his larger scale model.
- After Thomas bumps Hector off the rails, Hector's eyes are wonky.
- It is said that Thomas and Hector shunt together, but Hector cannot move himself or other trucks.
- When Rosie runs out of the coaling plant, Thomas' lamp is crooked.
- In a close up of Hector when he is being pulled by Bill and Ben, he is already loaded with coal. This is likely to disguise the eye mechanism inside Hector.
- In the UK version, when Thomas puffs up to Hector after knocking him over, the puffing sound can be heard after he stops.
- When Thomas is demonstrating being filled up with coal, his whistle is wonky.
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Hector el Horrible / Hector el Odioso||Hector the Horrid / Hector the Odious|
|Norwegian||Hector huffameg||Hector Horrid|
|Japanese||ヘクターってこわい||Hector is Scary|
|Polish||Straszny Hektor||Scary Hector|
|Finnish||Hector Hirveä||Hector the Hideous|
|Danish||Hector den Hæslige||Hector the Hideous|
|Portuguese||Hector o horrível||Hector the Horrible|
|Hungarian||Hektor, a háklis||Hector, the Horrid|
|Romanian||Hector Nesuferitul||Hector the Obnoxious|
|German||Hector, der Schreckliche||Hector, the Terrible|
|Czech||Hector hrozitánský||Hector the Awfully|
|Slovak||Hrozitánsky Hector||Hector the Humonguous|
|Swedish||Hector den otäcke||Hector the Nasty|
|Korean||무시무시한 헥터||Terrible Hector|
|Chinese||令人讨厌的赫克多||More Annoying the Heck|
|Thai||เฮคเตอร์จอมคำราม||Hector Wong the Roared|
Home Media Releases