|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the truck.|
|Hector the Horrid!|
September 5th, 2007
Hector the Horrid! is the fifth episode of the eleventh season.
Bill and Ben bring a new coal hopper, Hector, to the coal yards, and warn Thomas that he is very aggressive. Hector proves that point when Thomas tries to shunt him, to which he replies by roaring "KEEP AWAY!" He later scares Rosie and Thomas decides to teach Hector a lesson by bumping him very hard. Unfortunately, he bumps Hector so hard that he derails. When he helps Hector back on the rails, Hector reveals he was aggressive so he wouldn't have to carry coal, as he was scared. Thomas shows him it is no hardship, and now Hector is the best-behaved coal truck in the yard.
- Bill and Ben
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Edward (does not speak)
- Rocky (does not speak)
- In Norway, this episode is called "Hector Horrid". The Danish title is "Hector the Hideous". In Germany it is named "Hector, the Terrible". In Sweden this episode is called "Hector the Nasty".
- This episode marks Bill's last speaking role until the season 17 episode, Percy's Lucky Day .
- In the UK version, Hector crashes into the buffers, the buffers slide over to his right, and his rear-bogie wheels lift up slightly before he rolls over. In the US version, Hector crashes into the buffers, but they fly off to his left before he rolls over. Also, Hector is dirtier after the crash in the UK version.
- After Thomas bumps Hector off the rails, Hector's eyes are wonky.
- It is said that Thomas and Hector shunt together, but Hector cannot move himself or other trucks.
- Brakevans should have been at the end of James and Edward's trains.
- When Rosie runs out of the coaling plant, Thomas' lamp is crooked.
- In a close up of Hector when he is being pulled by Bill and Ben, he is already loaded with coal.
- When Thomas puffs up to Hector after knocking him over, the puffing sound can be heard after he stops.