|This article is about the hopper. You may be looking for the bull or the episode.|
When Bill and Ben first brought Hector to the yard, he was being troublesome and kept banging into the twins. Hector, at first, was aggressive. He roared angrily at the engines to "KEEP AWAY!", giving Thomas a fright and scaring Rosie away. Thomas, determined to shunt him and having enough of the truck's behavior, accidentally pushed him off the line, and after being helped back onto the rails, Hector revealed he was intimidating so he wouldn't have to carry coal, being scared of doing so. Thomas showed him it was actually quite fun.
Hector used to be mean and aggressive to hide his fear of being filled with coal. Thanks to Thomas, he learned that there was no need to be scared and is now friendly to the engines.
Hector is a British Railways ballast hopper with removed corner supports.
Hector is painted black with "HECTOR" painted on both sides in white.
- Hideyuki Kanaya (Japan)
- Hector's models in various merchandise ranges have proved to be difficult, as they cannot go under low bridges or through tunnels, due to his larger height compared to other characters.
- According to a press release, Hector was originally going to be called "Hopper".
- In Season 12, Hector gains a Spanish accent in the US narration.
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- TrackMaster (discontinued)
- Wind-up Trains (Japan only)
- Take-Along (discontinued)
- My Thomas Story Library (discontinued)