|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the Story Library book.|
Haunted Henry is the eleventh episode of the fifth season.
One evening, Henry is working late with Edward and an owl hoots. Edward warns Henry that when the owl hoots, a mist will roll in soon, along with a ghost. Henry scoffs at the story and sets off with his goods train, but later to his surprise, a mist does roll in. He has to slow at an amber signal and after seeing a closed crossing gate, a red signal, a coat discarded on a tree branch and a light flickering at a station, Henry's crew decide to turn back. The next day, they discover that a nearby viaduct was unsafe and would have collapsed if they had tried to cross. Later, Henry's driver informs him that the viaduct has been repaired and they can try to cross again that night.
While preparing to leave with his train, Henry gets spooked after hearing an owl hoot and Gordon speed by. The trucks tease him, but later down the old line, they see the crossing gates close and a signal turn red by themselves and they become spooked too. They surge forward through the gates and hit a landslide, plunging into a ravine. Soon, Old Bailey the fogman arrives on a handcart and reprimands Henry and his crew for not heeding his warnings. Henry's driver apologises and to make up for it, Sir Topham Hatt reopens the station and Old Bailey is made the stationmaster.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Old Bailey
- Gordon (does not speak)
- Thomas (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Stock footage from Thomas, Percy and the Dragon is used.
- A rare picture implies that Gordon may have been intended to play a larger role in this episode.
- Some light stands appear at the beginning.
- Studio equipment is visible on the top right corner when Henry first puffs through the fog.
- Only the front gate of the level crossing closes, as the back gate is already shut.
- Henry's back bogie wheels are derailed when Thomas passes through Wellsworth.
- In the head-on shot of Henry with James puffing by, Henry's eyes are wonky.
- Two of Henry's trucks switch places in his train when he pushes it back into the fog.
- When the trucks fall into the ravine, you can see a track on the side of the ravine leading downward.
- After the trucks fall into the ravine, either Henry's driver or fireman can be seen leaning out of the cab, but in the next shot, they are both standing beside the track.
- When the narrator says "A mysterious figure watched Henry go by," the two open trucks and two of the vent vans disappear.
- Henry's trucks' faces continually keep facing away and towards him from the point he leaves Wellsworth until the point when they crash.
- When the trucks land at the bottom of the ravine, one truck's face almost falls off.
- When the narrator says "By morning, the mist had cleared," the workman that is talking to Henry's driver has a brown cap, but when the workman says "Lucky you didn't cross it last night," he has a blue cap.
In Other Languages
|German||Henry und der Spuk||Henry and the Spook|
|Danish||Henry ser spøgelser||Henry Sees Ghosts|
|Italian||Henry Stregato||Henry Bewitched|
|Japanese||きりのなかのできごと||Incident in the Fog|
|Swedish||Spöklikt för Henry||Spooky for Henry|
|Spanish||Los Fantasmas de Henry||Henry's Ghosts|
|Norwegian||Det spøker for Henry||It Spooks for Henry|
|Polish||Nawiedzony Henio||Haunted Henry|
|Hungarian||Henry és a szellemek||Henry and the Ghosts|
|Slovenian||Henrika prestrašijo duhovi||Henry is Frightened of the Ghosts|
|Chinese||亨利遇見鬼||Henry Met the Ghost|
|Korean||안개 속의 유령||Ghost in the Fog|
|Romanian||Henry este Bântuit||Henry is Haunted|
|Slovak||Strašidelný Henry||Haunted Henry|
|Russian||Генри и приведение||Henry and Cast|
|Dutch||Henry ziet spoken||Henry Sees Ghosts|
|Greek||Ο Τσάρλι είναι στοιχειωμένο||Henry is Haunted|
|Thai||เฮนรี่กลัวผี||Henry Feared the Ghosts|
|French||Henri Hanté||Henry is Haunted|
Home Media Releases