|Happy Ever After|
October 20th, 1998
Happy Ever After is the nineteenth episode of the fifth season.
Mrs. Kyndley's daughter is getting married, but Mrs. Kyndley hasn't got the good luck package ready. Percy, wanting to help out, looks around and finds a new set of buffers and a flatbed, satisfying the first two criteria. He later finds Old Slow Coach and uses her for the "something old" object, and finally meets a ribbon-adorned Thomas. The delighted bride gives Percy a kiss, to Thomas' mirth.
- Old Slow Coach
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Mrs. Kyndley
- Mrs. Kyndley's Daughter
- James (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Lady Hatt (cameo)
- The Refreshment Lady (cameo)
- The Storyteller (cameo)
- Bulstrode (faceless; cameo)
- Bulstrode makes a cameo, however, his face and eye mechanism have been removed.
- The lines "Percy's unusual train was on its way" and "Soon they reached Tidmouth Hault" are not heard in the US narration.
- The model of Mrs. Kyndley used in this episode is different from the one used in Thomas' Christmas Party.
- This episode marks Terence's last speaking role and Old Slow Coach's last appearance to date.
- The Italian title is "And They Lived Happily Ever After". In Germany this episode is called "The Good Luck Package". In Japan this episode is called "The Hooray". The Swedish title of the episode is called, "All's Well, That Ends Well".
- Annie and Clarabel are seen in their new coats of paint, which they wouldn't receive until Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday.
- Thomas, Old Slow Coach, and the new buffers all have a horseshoe on them, but the truck doesn't.
- When the bride and groom leave the church, "Here Comes the Bride" can be heard playing in the background. "Here Comes the Bride" is traditionally played at the beginning of a wedding.
- When Thomas and Percy are at the wedding in some side shots, you can see a gap between Thomas' eye and his face mask.
- In a deleted scene, Percy is missing at the wedding.
- In this episode, Bulgy's Bridge has tracks running under it.
- Percy's lamp disappears when he is at the docks.
- Percy: You're it!
- Old Slow Coach: I'm what it?