- "The engines love to hear tales of ghostly engines and scary steam trains."
- ―The Narrator, Halloween, eighth season
On Halloween, the engines love to hear tales about ghostly engines and scary steam trains. The Halloween Engine was briefly seen at the Smelter's Yard. Thomas, 'Arry and Bert once mistook Emily for the Halloween Engine, after a white tarpaulin had fallen on her.
The Halloween Engine is primarily based on an LNER A1 Pacific, like Gordon, with a Fowler tender and BR Standard Class 9F cylinders.
- Thomas' Hallowe'en (mentioned)
- The Halloween Engine's model was recycled from one of Gordon's scrap models and one of Henry's six tenders from the third season episode, Tender Engines, with an added red tail lamp, along with Murdoch's cylinders.
- This is the first engine introduced in the New Series.