|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the Philippine DVD release.|
|Gordon and the Gremlin|
Gordon and the Gremlin is the sixth episode of the fifth season.
Gordon has problems with his fire, and the firelighter suggests it is due to gremlins. Thomas and Percy get excited, but James thinks it is nonsense. The engines argue about the issue until the Fat Controller arrives and informs the engines that a VIP is coming, who has heard a lot about the Fat Controller's engines. He wants them all to be really useful, but Percy worries about the gremlins in Gordon's fire. The Fat Controller warns Gordon to be on his best behavior and lets him take the VIP.
The goods yard's turntable malfunctions with the special coach on it, making Gordon late. He makes up for lost time and manages to get to Kirk Ronan on time. Thomas arrives with the special passenger and Gordon takes her to Wellsworth. On the way, Gordon goes at high speed, much to the passenger's disliking. At Wellsworth, the passenger's Dalmatian runs away after Gordon's loud whistle and, after confronting a bull, runs into Thomas' cab. At Brendam, Thomas inquires about the visitor, and the Fat Controller reveals she is his mother, who then aptly renames her dog "Gremlin" after the day's events.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Firelighter
- Dowager Hatt (not named)
- Oliver (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Toad (cameo)
- The Fultan Ferry from TUGS appears at Brendam.
- In the Japanese version, Michael Angelis' impersonation of Gremlin is used right at the very end of the story.
- The fireman was actually the one who found the gremlins.
- In the first scene of Tidmouth Sheds, James' tender is tilted.
- When the Fat Controller speaks to Gordon one of his buffers is crooked.
- When the narrator says "Gordon puffed away with his special coach" there's really two, but there was only one on the turntable.
- When Gordon leaves Kirk Ronan, he has Duck's whistle sound.
- How could Thomas arrive at Wellsworth before Gordon?
- In the close-up of Thomas' driver, Thomas is not pulling Annie and Clarabel.
- When Percy puffs in with the coal trucks, the end of the set can clearly be seen behind him.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Gordon og nissene||Gordon and the Gremlins|
|German||The Goblins and the Guest Honor|
|Italian||Gordon and the Goblin|
|Spanish||Gordon & el Duende||Gordon and the Goblin|