|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the Philippine DVD release.|
|Gordon and the Gremlin|
September 16th, 1998
Gordon and the Gremlin is the sixth episode of the fifth season.
Gordon has problems with his fire; Thomas suggests the cause is gremlins. The others argue about the issue until the Fat Controller arrives and informs Gordon that he will be taking a VIP, who has heard a lot about the Fat Controller's engines. Although the turntable in the goods yard malfunctions, Gordon manages to get to Kirk Ronan on time, and collects the special passenger. At Wellsworth, the passenger's Dalmatian runs away and, after confronting a bull runs away, frightened, into Thomas' cab. At Brendam, Thomas inquires about the visitor, and the Fat Controller reveals she is his mother, who then aptly renames her dog "Gremlin".
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Firelighter
- Dowager Hatt (not named)
- Oliver (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Toad (cameo)
- The Fultan Ferry from TUGS appears at Brendam.
- In the UK, when the narrator says, "He was soon working hard to make up for loss time", Gordon's whistle is heard. The whistle is omitted in the US and Japanese versions.
- In the US version, Gremlin barks before going up on the bridge. This is absent in the UK version.
- In Germany this episode is named "The Goblins and Guest of Honor". The Italian title is "Gordon and the Goblin". In Japan this episode is called "Gordon's Ghost".
- After James says "Gremlins don't exist they're just an excuse when things go wrong", the line "And no one knows why" is omitted in the US version.
- At the end, after Sir Topham Hatt says "And my mother, of course, is always right." Gremlin barks in the UK narration, while in the US narration, Sir Topham Hatt chuckles.
- The fireman was actually the one who found the gremlins.
- In the first scene of Tidmouth Sheds, James' tender is tilted.
- When the Fat Controller speaks to Gordon one of his buffers is crooked.
- When the narrator says "Gordon puffed away with his special coach" there's really two, but there was only one on the turntable.
- When Gordon leaves Kirk Ronan he has Duck's whistle sound.
- How could Thomas arrive at Wellsworth before Gordon?
- In the close-up of Thomas' driver, Thomas is not pulling Annie and Clarabel.