Gordon and the Engineer, retitled Gordon and the Mechanic in American releases, is the sixth (second in Australia) episode of the eleventh season.
The points are jammed and Gordon is asked to collect an engineer from Maron. When he arrived, he saw a man with a toolbox, he thinks he the engineer and he climbed on. The stationmaster told him to wait for Bertie to bring more passengers, but Gordon knowing that fixing the points is important leaves. But Gordon didn't know that the enginner is one of Bertie's passengers back at Maron and that the man in his express wasn't the engineer.
When Gordon arrived at the signal box, Thomas tells the man about the points, but he said that he's a carpenter who thought Gordon was taking him to Brendam. Gordon realised he left the engineer behind and that he has to go back to get him, but the signalman said he can't go back the express line with his express coaches. Thomas suggests that Gordon uses his reverse down his line to Maron. Gordon leaves his coaches and reverses to the next station, but Douglas is in the way. He told him to move, but Douglas said he can go as far as where Donald is. Thinking quickly, Gordon suggests Douglas reverse to the next station to get Donald to reverse to Maron to collect the engineer, and then work forwards again. The idea works and the railway returns to normal again.
- Donald and Douglas
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Carpenter
- The Engineer
- James (only speaks in the Sprout Airings, US Digital Download and Japanese narrations)
- Bertie (does not speak)
- Henry (does not speak in Japanese dub)
- Percy (cameo)
- Toby (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- Arthur (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Rocky (cameo)
- On the US Digital Download, Fun on the Rails Playpack and Sprout Channel airings, James has a speaking role saying, "Hurry Up, Gordon!"
- Stock footage from Emily's Rubbish is used.
- This episode marks the first of two things:
- Donald and Douglas' first appearances since the seventh season episodes Bad Day at Castle Loch and Gordon and Spencer respectively, not counting a stock footage for Donald in Harold and the Flying Horse and a deleted scene from Edward the Great in the eighth season. This is also their only appearances in the eleventh season.
- Arthur's first appearance in an episode since the eighth season episode, Fish.
- Going by production order, this is the second episode of the eleventh season.
- When Gordon comes back to the signal box with the engineer, he is travelling on his express line and his coaches have disappeared.
- Donald and Douglas have Duck's whistle sound.
- Gordon said that all the engines can help though the fact it were just Donald and Douglas who attempted to help him.
- Though one is not seen, a shadow at the top of the screen reveals that there is three signals in the shot of Gordon with the express. However there is only two tracks, so the third signal is redundant. Also they are all up, so Gordon is technically passing a signal at danger.
In Other Languages
|German||Gordon und der Ingenieur||Gordon and the Engineer|
|Norwegian||Gordon og mekanikeren||Gordon and the Engineer|
|Japanese||ゴードンとせんろのしゅうり||Gordon and Repair of the Line|
|Dutch||Gordon en de spoorweg ingenieur||Gordon and the Rail Engineer|
|Polish||Gabryś i Inżynier||Gordon and the Engineer|
|Spanish||Gordon y el Mecánico||Gordon and the Mechanic|
|Russian||Гордон и инеженер||Gordon and the Engineer|
|Portuguese||Gordon e o Mecânico||Gordon and the Mechanical|
|Finnish||Jori ja Mekaanikko||Gordon and the Engineer|
|Hungarian||Gordon és a mérnök||Gordon and the Engineer|
|Romanian||Gordon și Inginerul||Gordon and the Engineer|
|Czech||Gordon a pan technik||Gordon and Mr. Techniques|
|Slovak||Gordon a pán technik||Gordon and Mr. Techniques|
|Swedish||Gordon och ingenjören||Gordon and the Engineer|
|Danish||Gordon og teknikeren||Gordon and the Engineer|
|Chinese||高登和工程师||Gordon and the Engineers|
|Thai||งานสำคัญของกอร์ดอน||Gordon's Major Work|
|Korean||고든과 기술자||Gordon and the Technician|