Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Gordon and the Engineer, retitled Gordon and the Mechanic in American releases, is the sixth episode of the eleventh season.
The points are jammed and Gordon is asked to collect an engineer from Maron. Upon his arrival, he is told that Bertie is bringing more passengers, but Gordon is impatient and sets off with who he thinks is the engineer. Unluckily, at the signal box the "engineer" tells Gordon he is a carpenter who thought Gordon was taking him to Brendam. It appears Gordon is stranded, but Thomas suggests that Gordon reverse down his line to Maron. Gordon leaves his coaches and reverses to the next station, but Douglas is in the way. Thinking quickly, Gordon suggests Douglas reverse to the next station to get Donald to reverse to Maron, and then work forwards again. The idea works and the railway returns to normal again.
- Donald and Douglas
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Carpenter
- The Engineer
- James (only speaks in the Sprout Airings, US Digital Download and Japanese narrations)
- Bertie (does not speak)
- Henry (does not speak in Japanese dub)
- Percy (cameo)
- Toby (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- Arthur (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Rocky (cameo)
- On the US Digital Download, Fun on the Rails Playpack and Sprout Channel airings, James has a speaking role saying, "Hurry Up, Gordon!"
- Stock footage from Emily's Rubbish is used.
- This is Donald and Douglas' first appearance since the seventh season, not counting a deleted scene from Edward the Great in the eighth season. This is also their only appearance in the eleventh season.
- Going by production order, this is the second episode of the eleventh season.
- When Gordon comes back to the signal box with the engineer, he is travelling on his express line and his coaches have disappeared.
- Donald and Douglas have Duck's whistle sound.
- Gordon said that all the engines can help though the fact it were just Donald and Douglas who attempted to help him.
- Though one is not seen, a shadow at the top of the screen reveals that there is three signals in the shot of Gordon with the express. However there is only two tracks, so the third signal is redundant. Also they are all up, so Gordon is technically passing a signal at danger.
In Other Languages
|German||Gordon und der Ingenieur||Gordon and the Engineer|
|Norwegian||Gordon og mekanikeren||Gordon and the Engineer|
|Japanese||ゴードンとせんろのしゅうり||Gordon and Repair of the Line|
|Dutch||Gordon en de spoorweg ingenieur||Gordon and the Rail Engineer|
|Polish||Gabryś i Inżynier||Gordon and the Engineer|
|Spanish||Gordon y el Mecánico||Gordon and the Mechanic|
|Russian||Гордон и инеженер||Gordon and the Engineer|
|Portuguese||Gordon e o Mecânico||Gordon and the Mechanical|
|Finnish||Jori ja Mekaanikko||Gordon and the Engineer|
|Hungarian||Gordon és a mérnök||Gordon and the Engineer|
|Romanian||Gordon și Inginerul||Gordon and the Engineer|
|Czech||Gordon a pan technik||Gordon and Mr. Techniques|
|Slovak||Gordon a pán technik||Gordon and Mr. Techniques|
|Swedish||Gordon och ingenjören||Gordon and the Engineer|
|Danish||Gordon og teknikeren||Gordon and the Engineer|
|Chinese||高登和工程师||Gordon and the Engineers|
|Thai||งานสำคัญของกอร์ดอน||Gordon's Major Work|