|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book.|
|Gordon and Spencer|
December 19th, 2003
Gordon and Spencer is the twenty-third episode of the seventh season.
Gordon is gloating about taking the Duke and Duchess of Boxford to a special reception at Maron, but on the way, he is diverted to let a sleek silver engine pass. Gordon later discovers the engine, Spencer, will be taking the Duke and Duchess and advises him to take on water, but Spencer ignores him and as a result runs out of steam on Gordon's Hill. Gordon goes to the rescue and at Maron is lauded by the Fat Controller.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Duke and Duchess of Boxford (do not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Douglas (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Cyril the Fogman (cameo)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Gordon's Hill
- Knapford Sheds
- Sodor River Bridge
- The Windmill
- Henry's Tunnel
- Rolf's Castle (deleted scene)
- Stock footage from Saved from Scrap, Time for Trouble, Thomas the Jet Engine, and Peace and Quiet is used.
- This episode may have been filmed alongside Edward's Brass Band, as Edward can be seen at Wellsworth yards looking miserable.
- Spencer pulls one coach throughout the episode. However, a deleted scene shows him pulling two coaches.
- Spencer speeds up upon starting off, but steam engines start off slowly.
- Spencer crosses a bridge with a stream underneath, but that line wasn't completed until Something Fishy, which was produced after this episode.
- Due to the use of stock footage, when Gordon whistles after being coupled to Spencer, the whistle shown is Edward's.
- Spencer runs out of water, but still blows steam and for a few seconds, his driving wheels are moving faster than he is.
- Spencer's driver should have made him stop for water.
- Gordon: Don't forget the water!
- Spencer: Who cares?
- Thomas: He'll be in trouble soon.
- Thomas: What do you think of Spencer now?
- James: Too much puff and not enough steam!