|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book.|
|Gordon Takes a Tumble|
Gordon Takes a Tumble is the seventeenth episode of the sixth season.
None of the engines are more important then Gordon. Salty rolls up teasing Gordon that pulling trucks is a silly job for an Express Engine. Gordon brags that it wouldn't be Dignified for an express engine to pull trucks. Gordon explained what it means to Percy, but Salty interrupted, saying that it means someone is to big for his buffers, & Gordon puffed furiously away
Later that night, The Docks was packed with trucks due to the fog covering the Island of Sodor causing confusion & delay. Sir Topham Hatt came to the sheds & ordered Henry, Thomas & Percy to go to the docks & Gordon to take the trucks somewhere where they won't be in the way, much to Gordon's shock. Gordon was waiting impatiently for his trucks, to show Salty how an express engine pulls trucks. Salty teased him again, but this time Gordon ignored him.
The next day when Gordon was puffing along the line, a signalman left the points onto the mainline. The signalman sees Gordon going to the mainline, knowing the express engines can't go there, but it was too late. The mainline was weak, & rusty & even had a "go slow" sign to warn trains, but Gordon ignores the sign & goes even faster. The old rails couldn't hold his weight & Gordon tumbles off the tracks and ends up in a field bursting through a shed and stops in front of a scarecrow. Gordon felt very undignified wondering what Sir Topham Hatt would say. Sir Topham Hatt arrived and scolded Gordon, for showing Salty a thing or two by showing him how silly it is to ignore "go slow signs".
Gordon was repaired, & back for work, but was still sad with himself. Thomas cheers him up saying everyone makes mistakes & James told Gordon that Salty was sorry & Gordon apologized for being to big for his buffers. Everyone gave a jolly toot, even Gordon.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Butch (cameo)
- Cyril the Fogman (cameo)
- The Dryaw Policeman (cameo)
- Stock footage from The Fogman is used.
- This is one of the few episodes of the sixth season later re-narrated by Michael Brandon.
- In the first scene, Clarabel is facing the wrong way.
- In the shot of Gordon on the old branch line, a cable is attached to his coupling.
- When Gordon derails, his trailing wheels are slightly coming off.
- When Gordon's trucks come off the rails, they come off differently in certain shots.
- As the trucks derail and tumble down the slope, the ground bounces up and down.
- A wire is visible pulling Gordon at one point, when he is derailed.
- Take Along (discontinued)
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Gordon får seg en luftetur||Gordon Gets a Tumble|
|Danish||Overlegen lokomotif||The Superior Engine|
|Japanese||すべったゴードン||Gordon Has Slipped|
|Welsh||Tymbl Gordon||Gordon's Tumble|
|Swedish||Gordon blir utom kontroll||Gordon Gets Out of Control|
|Czech||Gordon padá||Gordon falls|
|Slovenian||Gorazd se Prevrne||Gordon Overturns|
|Hungarian||Gordon Fennhordja az Orrát||Spread the nose of Gordon Reserved|
|Italian||Gordon fa un Capitombolo||Gordon Takes a Tumble|
|Russian||Урок для Гордона||Lesson for Gordon|
Home Media Releases
- Rusty Saves the Day
- The Complete Sixth Series