|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book.|
|Gordon Takes a Tumble|
Gordon Takes a Tumble is the seventeenth episode of the sixth season.
Gordon brags to Salty that it is not "dignified" for express trains to take trucks, but when Gordon is later told to take trucks he swears to do it how an express engine should. He races along the mainline until he is accidentally diverted onto an old, rickety branch line, but he still goes fast even after he sees a "go slow" sign. The old rails finally give way and Gordon tumbles off the tracks and ends up bursting through a shed and stops in front of a scarecrow. Once he is repaired, Gordon is sorry for getting "too big for his buffers".
- Stock footage from The Fogman is used.
- In the Michael Brandon US narration, Gordon says "Whoa!" and "Ahhh!" whilst he is derailed.
- This is one of the few episodes of the sixth season to be re-narrated by Michael Brandon.
- In Norway this episode is called "Gordon Gets a Tumble". In Denmark, it is called "The Superior Engine". The Japanese title is "Gordon Has Slipped". It is called "Gordon's Tumble" in Welsh. In Sweden this episode is called "Gordon Gets Out of Control".
- In the first scene, Clarabel is facing the wrong way.
- In the shot of Gordon on the old branch, a cable is attached to his coupling.
- When Gordon derails, his trailing wheels are slightly coming off.
- When Gordon's trucks come off the rails, they come off differently in certain shots.
- As the trucks derail and tumble down the slope, the ground bounces up and down.
- The guard should have been seriously hurt by the derailment.
- Gordon's driver was negligent to not slow him down, so The Fat Controller should have blamed his driver and the signalman.
- No matter how fast Gordon was going when he was on the rails, he cannot possibly go such a long distance after he was derailed. To add to that, Gordon never seems to stop or even slow down after hitting all those objects.
- A wire is visible pulling Gordon, at one point, when he is derailed.
- Go slow signs do not just say "go slow", they should also show the exact speed limit.
- Take-Along (discontinued)