|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book.|
|Gordon Takes a Tumble|
Gordon Takes a Tumble is the seventeenth episode of the sixth season.
Gordon brags to Salty that it is not "dignified" for express trains to take trucks, but when Gordon is later told to take trucks, he swears to do it how an express engine should. He races along the mainline until he is accidentally diverted onto an old, rickety branch line, but he still goes fast even after he sees a "go slow" sign. The old rails finally give way and Gordon tumbles off the tracks and ends up bursting through a shed and stops in front of a scarecrow. Once he is repaired, Gordon is sorry for getting "too big for his buffers".
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Butch (cameo)
- Cyril the Fogman (cameo)
- The Dryaw Policeman (cameo)
- Stock footage from The Fogman is used.
- This is one of the few episodes of the sixth season to be re-narrated by Michael Brandon.
- In the first scene, Clarabel is facing the wrong way.
- In the shot of Gordon on the old branch line, a cable is attached to his coupling.
- When Gordon derails, his trailing wheels are slightly coming off.
- When Gordon's trucks come off the rails, they come off differently in certain shots.
- As the trucks derail and tumble down the slope, the ground bounces up and down.
- A wire is visible pulling Gordon, at one point, when he is derailed.
- Go slow signs do not just say "go slow", they should also show the exact speed limit.
- If the trucks rolled over down the embankment into the field, then so should have Gordon. Instead he carries on upright the whole time during his derailment.
- Take-Along (discontinued)
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Gordon får seg en luftetur||Gordon Gets a Tumble|
|Danish||Overlegen lokomotif||The Superior Engine|
|Japanese||すべったゴードン||Gordon Has Slipped|
|Welsh||Tymbl Gordon||Gordon's Tumble|
|Swedish||Gordon blir utom kontroll||Gordon Gets Out of Control|
|Czech||Gordon padá||Gordon falls|
|Slovenian||Gorazd se Prevrne||Gordon Overturns|