|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story.|
|Gordon Takes a Shortcut|
September 19th, 2008
Gordon Takes a Shortcut is the fifteenth episode of the twelfth season.
Some workmen and a group of VIP's are waiting at Great Waterton. Gordon tries to take a shortcut to beat Stanley there, but when he ignores advice from Duck, Oliver, and Toad he ends up banging into Ben's log truck, spilling logs onto Stanley's line. Gordon decides to listen to advice this time, and stops Stanley in time. As a sign of friendship, Gordon allows Stanley to take the VIP's.
- Stock footage from Gordon and the Engineer and Percy and the Left Luggage is used.
- Oliver and Toad speak for the first time since the seventh season episode, Snow Engine, although Oliver previously made a non-speaking role in Steady Eddie. This is also their last appearance to date.
- This marks as Ben's last appearance until Percy's Lucky Day.
- This marks as Duck's last speaking role until Henry's Hero.
- If you go by production order, this is the tenth episode of the twelfth season.
- This episode aired before The Great Discovery premiered in the UK, meaning the audience would not known about Stanley or Great Waterton.
- Harvey appears in the annual story of this episode, which means he may have originally played a role in this episode.
- In real life, the log truck should have been crushed and Ben should have been knocked back when Gordon crashes into the log truck.
- Duck's face is smaller than usual.
- Stanley's whistle sound has changed since The Great Discovery.
- Gordon's tender shakes when he arrives at the Logging Station.
- Duck tells Gordon which way to go, but he did not know where Gordon was going.
- One of the trucks in the siding with 'Arry and Bert is derailed.
- When the narrator says, "But Gordon didn't know which track to take to find Stanley", Ben's eyes are wonky.
- Gordon's tracks to Great Waterton would have been set by the signalmen, so it would be impossible for him to choose another line.
- Throughout the episode, Gordon's driver and fireman cannot be seen in his cab.
- Gordon asks Ben, who is more than happy to assist, for help, yet Ben does nothing to help in any way.