|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story.|
|Gordon Takes a Shortcut|
September 19th, 2008
Gordon Takes a Shortcut is the fifteenth episode of the twelfth season.
Some workmen and a group of VIP's are waiting at Great Waterton. Gordon tries to take a shortcut to beat Stanley there, but when he ignores advice from Duck, Oliver, and Toad he ends up banging into a log truck, spilling logs onto Stanley's line. Gordon decides to listen to advice this time, and stops Stanley in time. As a sign of friendship, Gordon allows Stanley to take the VIP's.
- Stock footage from Gordon and the Engineer and Percy and the Left Luggage is used.
- Oliver and Toad speak for the first time since the seventh season episode, Snow Engine, although Oliver previously made a non-speaking role in Steady Eddie.
- If you go by production order, this is Episode 10 in Season 12.
- This episode aired before The Great Discovery premiered in the UK, meaning the audience would not known about Stanley or Great Waterton.
- In real life, the log truck should have been crushed and Ben should have been knocked back when Gordon crashes into the log truck.
- Duck's face is smaller than usual.
- Stanley's whistle sound has changed since The Great Discovery.
- Gordon's tender shakes when he arrives at the Logging Station.
- Duck and Oliver tell Gordon which way to go, but they did not know where he was going.
- One of the trucks in the siding with 'Arry and Bert is derailed.
- When the narrator says, "But Gordon didn't know which track to take to find Stanley", Ben's eyes are wonky.
- Gordon's tracks to Great Waterton would have been set by the signalmen, so it would be impossible for him to choose another line.
- Throughout the episode, Gordon's driver and fireman cannot be seen in his cab.