Gordon Takes Charge is the twelfth (nineteenth in Australia) episode of the eighth season.
More visitors are coming to the island to celebrate the winter holidays. When the roads are blocked and Bertie cannot take any passengers, Sir Topham Hatt assigned Percy to take passengers. Percy was worried as he has not pulled passengers in a long time, but Sir Topham Hatt said Gordon can teach him.
When Gordon and Percy arrived to collect their coaches, Percy bumps his coaches hard. Gordon told Percy to back up smoothly to his coaches and Gordon backed up to his coaches without bumping them. When they arrived at Knapford, Percy blew his whistle and wheeshed a lot of steam. Gordon told Percy not to wheesh until his passengers are on board and told him to watch how he waits for his passengers and left off steam after. Percy was fed up that Gordon's "teachings" is nothing but showing off. Gordon started showing off to James and Toby as he passes by.
When he was approaching Kellsthorpe, he wanted to show off to the passenger by how smoothly he could stop, but did not take any notice on the slippery rails. He passed the platform and was diverted into a siding where he runs into a snowdrift. Sir Topham Hatt scolds Gordon for showing off instead of teaching Percy. Percy passed by and gently halts at the station with his passenger stepping on the platform, while Gordon's had to walk through the snow. Gordon felt embarrassed as Edward pulled him out of the snow bank.
That night when it was time to go, Gordon wanted to show how smoothly he could puff, but he remembered the accident he had and lets Percy go first to show him how smoothly Percy can go. When they arrived back at the shed, Gordon contributed Percy afterwards, but attributes it to his good teaching.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Edward (does not speak)
- James (does not speak)
- Toby (does not speak)
- Bertie (does not speak)
- Thomas (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Butch (cameo)
- Mrs. Kyndley (cameo)
- Refreshment Lady (cameo)
- Cyril the Fogman (cameo)
- The Storyteller (cameo)
- This episode was originally titled "Gordon and the Snow Gala."
- Thomas' large-scale model for when he interacts with The Pack is seen at the beginning.
- Going by production order, this is the nineteenth episode of the eighth season.
- When Percy whistles at Knapford, his whistle sounds the same as it did in Percy's New Whistle.
- In The Complete Eighth Series DVD, the music is played a few seconds late at the beginning.
- Gordon puts his brakes on but he still makes a puffing sound.
- Bertie appears to be smiling when he is stuck in the snow.
- In the close-up of Gordon's wheels sliding, he is already heading down the siding but in the next shot, he is heading down it again.
- When Gordon and Percy are in the depot, Gordon backs up to only two express coaches, not three like the standard express train. But when Gordon pulls up to Knapford and his stops on his express line, he is pulling a train of three express coaches.
- When Gordon is in Tidmouth Sheds his eyes are wonky.
In Other Languages
|Danish||Gordon Lærer Fra Sig||Gordon Learns from Him|
|Norwegian||Gordon Viser Seg Fram||Gordon Shows Off|
|Swedish||Gordon Ger Lektioner||Gordon Gives Lessons|
|German||Gordon Sagt, "Wo's Lang Geht?"||Gordon Says, "Where to Go?"|
|Dutch||Gordon Neemt de Leiding||Gordon Takes the Lead|
|Spanish||Gordon al Mando / Gordon el Profesor||Gordon Commanding / Gordon the Teacher|
|Portuguese||Gordon dá as Ordens||Gordon Gives Orders|
|Italian||Gordon Assume il Comando||Gordon Takes Charge|
|Catalan||Gordon es fa Càrrec||Gordon Takes Charge|
|Flemish||Gordon de Professor||Gordon the Professor|
|Finnish||Jori Opettajana||Gordon Teaches|
|Hungarian||Gordon a Példakép||Gordon the Role Model|
|Romanian||Gordon Preia Comanda||Gordon Takes Command|
|Polish||Gabryś Rządzi||Gordon Governs|
|Croatian||Gordan Preuzima Kontrolu||Gordon Takes Control|
|Czech||Gordon se Ujal Vedení||Gordon Took the Lead|
|Slovak||Gordon sa Ujal Vedenia||Gordon Took the Lead|
|Japanese||ゴードン、せんせいになる||Gordon Becomes a Teacher|
|Russian||Гордон хвастается||Gordon Brags|
|Korean||선생님이 된 고든||Gordon the Teacher|
|Thai||กอร์ดอนสอนเอง||Gordon Taught Himself|