Gordon Takes Charge is the twelfth (nineteenth in Australia) episode of the eighth season.
Percy is taking passengers for the first time in a long time. Gordon tries to teach him how to treat coaches. Things are shaky when Percy accidentally bumps the coaches, lets off steam at the wrong time, and Gordon starts showing off. In the end, Gordon tries to brake so smoothly he slips on the icy rails and runs into a snowdrift, just as Percy puffs in and gently halts. Gordon compliments Percy afterwards, but attributes it to his good teaching.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Edward (does not speak)
- James (does not speak)
- Toby (does not speak)
- Bertie (does not speak)
- Thomas (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Butch (cameo)
- Refreshment Lady (cameo)
- Cyril the Fogman (cameo)
- The Storyteller (cameo)
- This episode was originally to be titled "Gordon and the Snow Gala."
- Thomas' large-scale model for when he interacts with The Pack is seen at the beginning.
- Going by production order, this is the nineteenth episode of the eighth season.
- When Percy whistles at Knapford, his whistle sounds the same way it did in Percy's New Whistle.
- Gordon puts his brakes on but he still makes a puffing sound.
- Bertie appears to be smiling when he is stuck in the snow.
- In the close-up of Gordon's wheels sliding, he is already heading down the siding but in the next shot, he is heading down it again.
- When Gordon and Percy are in the depot, Gordon backs up to only two express coaches, not three like the standard express train. But when Gordon pulls up to Knapford and his stops on his express line, he is pulling a train of three express coaches.
- In the US version, Michael Brandon's voice cracks when he says "His face was as red as Bertie the bus."
- When Gordon is in Tidmouth Sheds his eyes are wonky.
In Other Languages
|Danish||Gordon Lærer Fra Sig||Gordon Learns from Him|
|Norwegian||Gordon Viser Seg Fram||Gordon Shows Off|
|Swedish||Gordon Ger Lektioner||Gordon Gives Lessons|
|German||Gordon Sagt, "Wo's Lang Geht?"||Gordon Says, "Where to Go?"|
|Dutch||Gordon Neemt de Leiding||Gordon Takes the Lead|
|Spanish||Gordon al Mando / Gordon el Profesor||Gordon Commanding / Gordon the Teacher|
|Portuguese||Gordon dá as Ordens||Gordon Gives Orders|
|Italian||Gordon Assume il Comando||Gordon Takes Charge|
|Catalan||Gordon es fa Càrrec||Gordon Takes Charge|
|Flemish||Gordon de Professor||Gordon the Professor|
|Finnish||Jori Opettajana||Gordon Teaches|
|Hungarian||Gordon a Példakép||Gordon the Role Model|
|Romanian||Gordon Preia Comanda||Gordon Takes Command|
|Polish||Gabryś Rządzi||Gordon Governs|
|Croatian||Gordan Preuzima Kontrolu||Gordon Takes Control|
|Czech||Gordon se Ujal Vedení||Gordon Took the Lead|
|Slovak||Gordon sa Ujal Vedenia||Gordon Took the Lead|
|Japanese||ゴードン、せんせいになる||Gordon Becomes a Teacher|
|Russian||Гордон хвастается||Gordon Brags|
|Korean||선생님이 된 고든||Gordon the Teacher|
|Thai||กอร์ดอนสอนเอง||Gordon Taught Himself|