|This article is about 'the Story Library book'. You may be looking for 'the engine, the Railway Series book, the Engine Adventures book, the magazine story or the song'.|
- “Don't play around with the trucks, Edward. It isn't wrong but we just don't do it!”
Gordon is the sixteenth book in the My Thomas Story Library series.
One day, Gordon cannot get up the hill until Edward comes to his rescue. The following day, Gordon implies that Henry whistles too much. Later, Gordon's whistle valve jams and cannot stop whistling.
- This book is based on the stories, "Edward and Gordon" and "Whistles and Sneezes" from the Railway Series books, The Three Railway Engines and Henry the Green Engine.
- The book was released with a CD narrated by Michael Angelis in 2007.
- In 2015, this book (along with five others) was sold as a website-exclusive book pack with a Wooden Railway Gordon, except the other books were sold with the engines the books were named after.
- In the fourth illustration, Gordon's tender does not have axle boxes.
- In one illustration, Gordon's crank pin is missing.
- In the cover and sixth illustration, Gordon's funnel is a bit taller.