|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story or the DVD.|
- "It's the ghost engine! It's coming to get me!"
Flour Power is the twenty-sixth (eleventh in Australia) episode of the ninth season.
On Halloween night, Thomas was alone at the sheds when Sir Topham Hatt assigns him to collect the flour from the mill and take it to the bakery. He also told Thomas that he must work with Diesel which made Thomas upset.
Thomas arrived at the docks where he was suppose to meet Diesel, but he was not there. He did not know that Diesel was sneaking behind him and gave Thomas a fright by biffing some oil tankers out of way. Diesel teased Thomas of being a scaredy engine and they set off for the flour mill. When they passed the woods, Diesel said it was the haunted forest and called out to Thomas in a spooky voice. Thomas crossly tells Diesel to stop it. When they arrived at the abandoned mines, they heard a banging noise and Diesel teased Thomas that it is a ghost engine looking for a steam engine to scare. Thomas said he was not scared, but secretly he was. When Thomas and Diesel stopped at a signal, Thomas heard a strange cry and felt something touched his coal bunker which was a tree, but he did not know. Diesel cried out to Thomas that it was the ghost engine after his funnel. Thomas was so scared he peeped frightfully and Diesel called Thomas a scaredy engine twice. Thomas was so cross with Diesel that he wanted to find a way to pay him back.
When they arrived at the flour mill and Diesel went ahead of Thomas, Thomas had an idea to show Diesel who is the scaredy engine by biffing the trucks out of the way and got covered in white flower looking like a ghost engine. Diesel was so frightened he ran out of the flour mill before he could hear that it was only Thomas. Thomas buffered up to the flour trucks and set off for the flour mill. While heading for the bakery, Thomas realized the thing Diesel said that was used to scare him was just a tree that touched him, the strange cry was an owl, the banging at the abandoned mine was just a door and that the forest he passed earlier was Henry's Forest.
Diesel was with Sir Topham Hatt at the bakery when Thomas arrived and Diesel gets scared again and told Sir Topham Hatt that the ghost engine had come to get him, but Sir Topham Hatt said it was only Thomas. Sir Topham Hatt praised Thomas for his hard work and reward him a special washdown. Thomas was looking forward to telling his friends everything that had happened.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Henry (does not speak)
- James (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- The Dairy Manager (cameo)
- The Baker (cameo)
- Lady Hatt (mentioned)
- The episode's name is a play on the 60s saying "Flower Power."
- When the camera looks beside the boy's bed, an ERTL Percy, a Thomas and the Magic Railroad poster and the medal from the seventh season episode, Three Cheers for Thomas are visible.
- A deleted shot of James passing Castle Loch without Henry passing by is used in the music video, Day and Night.
- The episode's plot is similar to the second season episode, Ghost Train.
- Going by production order, this is the eleventh episode of the ninth season.
- This is the final episode narrated by Daniel Vulcu in Romania and Ian MacAmhlaigh in Scotland.
- The narrator says "Suddenly, Thomas felt something touch his tender," but Thomas is a tank engine. "Bunker" would have been the correct term.
- No one is seen pulling a chain to release the flour from the chute when Thomas rolls underneath it.
- When Thomas rolls under the chute, he biffs some trucks out of the way. Then, when Thomas comes out covered in flour, Diesel is in front of Thomas, not the trucks.
- When Thomas is trying to find Diesel in the yards, his lamp is not dirty. But when Diesel scares Thomas, his lamp is dirty.
- Diesel: Woooooooooo! Thoooooomas!
- Diesel: Look out! The ghost engine is after your funnel!
- Thomas: Cinders and Ashes!
In Other Languages
|Italian||Lo Scherzo della Farina||The Flour's Joke|
|German||Der Geisterlok||The Ghost Engine|
|Gaelic||An T-einnsean Taibhseil||The Ghost Engine|
|Japanese||トーマスとこむぎのちから||Thomas and the Power of Wheat|
|Danish||Spøgelsestoget||The Ghost Train|
|Swedish||Klekansiktet||The Pale Face|
|Portuguese||O Poder da Farinha||The Flour Power|
|Spanish||La Harina Al Poder||The Flour to the Power|
|Hungarian||A Szellemmozdony||The Ghost Train|
|Russian||Сила муки||The Power of Flour|
|Romanian||Puterra Făinii||Flour Power|
|Czech||Strašidelná mouka||Haunted Flour|
|Polish||Moc mąki||Flour Power|
|Slovak||Strašidelná múka||Haunted Flour|
|Finnish||Jauhoinen Juttu||Flour Thing|
Home Media Releases