History and Operations
The fishing village supplies the fish goods to be taken to Brendam Docks, for shipping to The Mainland. Sodor's own fish supply also comes from here. The Pier, Sodor Inn and a small platform for unloading goods is located nearby. In conjunction with the fish supplies from Brendam Docks, the Flying Kipper, pulled by Henry, also sometimes carry an extra supply of fish from the fishing village, which also gets delivered to the Mainland. In the fifth season, there was a two-tracked engine shed located here but since the seventh season, it's only a one-track engine shed.
Once, Thomas was waiting for an early morning catch of fish to be loaded into his vans, which would be taken to Brendam Docks and then delivered to the mainland via the Flying Kipper. The fishermen were using old equipment and the work was delayed. An old crane malfunctioned, dropping a crate of fish on Thomas in the process. The train was delayed even more for Henry, who was waiting to take the Flying Kipper to the Mainland. But Thomas managed to get it there before too long.
- Season 5 - Horrid Lorry, Bye George!, Toby's Discovery, Something in the Air, Oliver's Find, Happy Ever After, Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday and Make Someone Happy
- Season 7 - Emily's New Coaches, Edward's Brass Band, Bad Day at Castle Loch, Something Fishy, Harold and the Flying Horse (stock footage) and Gordon and Spencer
- Season 8 - Fish and Too Hot for Thomas
- Season 10 - Seeing the Sights and Thomas and Skarloey's Big Day Out
- Season 11 - Gordon and the Engineer, Thomas Sets Sail and Percy and the Left Luggage
- Season 15 - Spencer the Grand and Kevin the Steamie
- Season 16 - Express Coming Through, Percy and the Monster of Brendam and Whiff's Wish
- Season 17 - Calm Down Caitlin
- Season 19 - Toad and the Whale
- Since the fifteenth season, there is no longer ballast underneath the rails, as they are built into the concrete.
- The engine shed is currently on display at Drayton Manor.
- In My Journey with Thomas the Tank Engine, the fishing village was said to be in Suddery, but given Sodor's nature as an island, there could be other fishing villages.
- Bulstrode was seen in the Fishing Village in Happy Ever After without his face and eye mechanism.