|This article is about the fourth season episode. You may be looking for the eighth season episode.|
- “Hello Duck! Going fishing? I'd take care If I were you."
"Well for one thing, if fish get into an engines boiler, they always cause trouble. And for another, fish can be awfully smelly. And I know what I'm talking about. Good night.”
- ―Thomas advising Duck
A special load of fish is ordered and extra vans are needed for "The Flying Kipper" and, to Henry's annoyance, the only vans available are old and unused. Duck shunts them into position and moments later, Thomas arrives with the post train and he warns him to take care, reminding him of his own experience with fish. Henry is still complaining about his extra load, but his driver tells him that at least another engine will be there to help.
At Wellsworth, Duck waits for Henry and when he arrives he moves to the back to help him to the top of Gordon's Hill without getting coupled up. As the train nears the top of the hill, Henry begins to inadvertently pull away from Duck. As this happens, the tail-lamp on the last van falls off. After that, Henry slows down while Duck suddenly loses sight of the train and as he frantically runs after it, he crashes into the last van causing loads of fish to spill out and bringing the train to a halt.
The mess is cleaned up in the morning and the missing tail lamp is found at the bottom of the hill. The Fat Controller tells Duck that the accident was not his fault and that the crew should have fitted the tail lamp on properly. Duck reflects that Thomas' earlier advice about fish was right.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Edward (does not speak)
- James (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Skarloey (stock footage cameo)
- Rheneas (stock footage cameo)
- Gordon (mentioned)
- Tidmouth Harbour
- Gordon's Hill
- The Lighthouse
- The Seaside Village
- Road Beside Rail and Canal Runby
- Lakeside Bridge
- This episode is based on the story of the same name from The Railway Series book, Really Useful Engines.
- This marks Duck's last leading role until the seventeenth season episode, The Thomas Way.
- Either alternative or edited footage from A Bad Day for Sir Handel is used.
- Crates labelled "Fulton's" can be seen during the episode; these are either a reference to Fulton's Fish Market in New York City or set dressing props from the sister television series TUGS. O.J.'s model, Lakesider III, from said series also appears in the episode.
- Duck's eyes are wonky in some scenes.
- Throughout the episode, Thomas has Edward's whistle sound.
- Thomas' eyes are wonky in the first close up shot of him.
- When the narrator says, "Henry was pulling his train harder than he realised," Henry's eyes are wonky.
- Henry's lamp is not on his lamp iron.
- In a close up shot of Duck, his lamp has no light.
- In the Finnish version, Gordon's English name is used once by accident.
- Duck: Thank you sir, Thomas told me to be careful about fish. They got me in a right pickle, didn't they?
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Como Pez en el Agua||Like Fish in the Water|
|Japanese||さかなにはきをつけろ||Be Careful About Fish|
|Hungarian||Vigyázz a Halakkal, Duck!||Take Care of Your Fish, Duck!|
|Italian||Che Puzza di Pesce!||What a fishy smell!|
|Greek||Το φορτίο με τα ψάρια||The Cargo with Fish|
|Korean||생선 열차||Fish Train|
|Thai||ดั๊กชนรถบรรทุกปลา||Duck's Fish Truck Crash|
Home Media Releases
|<< Season 3||Season 4||Season 5 >>|
|#01||Granpuff||#10||Rock 'n' Roll||#19||Henry and the Elephant|
|#02||Sleeping Beauty||#11||Special Funnel||#20||Toad Stands By|
|#03||Bulldog||#12||Steam Roller||#21||Bulls Eyes|
|#04||You Can't Win||#13||Passengers and Polish||#22||Thomas and the Special Letter|
|#05||Four Little Engines||#14||Gallant Old Engine||#23||Paint Pots and Queens|
|#06||A Bad Day for Sir Handel||#15||Rusty to the Rescue||#24||Fish|
|#07||Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady||#16||Thomas and Stepney||#25||Special Attraction|
|#08||Trucks||#17||Train Stops Play||#26||Mind that Bike|
|#09||Home at Last||#18||Bowled Out||