| Fergus Breaks the Rules/|
Thomas and the Search for Fergus
November 26th, 2003
Fergus Breaks the Rules, retitled Thomas and the Search for Fergus in American releases, is the eighteenth episode of seventh season.
The Fat Controller has brought Diesel to help out at the Cement Works for a while. However, Diesel becomes annoyed with Fergus. Later on, Diesel lies to Fergus about the Fat Controller senting him to work at the scrapyards. When Fergus arrives, 'Arry and Bert frighten the traction engine and he runs away. The Fat Controller receives a call that Fergus is missing. So, he sents Thomas to search for him. He finds Fergus hiding in a siding and takes him to the smelters yards where the Fat Controller is waiting. In the end, Fergus goes back to work at the Cement Works, and Diesel is transferred to the smelters yards.
- Stock footage from Bill, Ben and Fergus is used.
- Some US releases call this episode Fergus Breaks the Rules despite the title change.
- Scrap models of James, Gordon, Toad, and Donald or Douglas are seen.
- In Hungary, the episode is called "Fergus is in Breach of the Very Strict Rule". The Japanese title is "Fergus and Rules". In Wales, it is named "Fergus Escapes".
- In the US version, Diesel laughs deviously as Fergus leaves the cement works.
- 'Arry and Bert are referred to as the "scrap diesels." .
- This episode marks Fergus' last appearance to date.
- Diesel says "Don't interfere!" after Fergus scolded him, but the closed captioning in the US home video release has him saying "Darn it to fear!"
- When the narrator says, "And for the first time Fergus broke the rules", the track bounces up after Fergus passes over it.
- Fergus' lamp is only visible in the night, and it is noticeable that his lamp is not present during the day.
- When Thomas and Fergus arrive at the smelters, Thomas' eyes look wonky.
- Fergus did not actually break any rules: he merely thought he had done so by running away from a place where he was not supposed to be.
- Brakevans should have been added to Percy and Fergus' trains.
- Just before 'Arry and Bert come into view, a crew member's hand can be seen holding them back and then releasing them.