| Fergus Breaks the Rules/|
Thomas and the Search for Fergus
November 26th, 2003
Fergus Breaks the Rules, retitled Thomas and the Search for Fergus in American releases, is the eighteenth episode of seventh season.
Diesel is annoyed with Fergus and lies that the Fat Controller has sent him to work at the scrapyards. When Fergus arrives, he is scared by 'Arry and Bert and runs away. In the end, Thomas finds the traction engine hiding on a siding and Diesel is transferred to the smelters yard.
- Stock footage from Bill, Ben and Fergus is used.
- Scrap models of James, Gordon, Toad, and Donald or Douglas are seen.
- In Hungary, the episode is called "Fergus is in Breach of the Very Strict Rule".
- In the US version, Diesel laughs deviously as Fergus leaves the cement works.
- When the narrator says, "And for the first time Fergus broke the rules", the track bounces up after Fergus passes over it.
- When Thomas looks for Fergus, his taillamp is red. When he finds Fergus and takes him to the Fat Controller, his tail lamp is white.
- When Thomas and Fergus arrive at the smelters, Thomas' eyes look wonky.
- Fergus did not actually break any rules: he merely thought he had done so by running away from a place where he was not supposed to be.
- Brakevans should have been added to Percy and Fergus' trains.
- Just before 'Arry and Bert come into view, a crew member's hand can be seen holding them back and then releasing them.