Ferdinand is a Climax logging engine from Misty Island.
Ferdinand, Bash and Dash found Thomas on Misty Island and helped him collect Jobi wood to take back to Sodor. Unfortunately, Ferdinand and the twins ran out of oil while going through the Misty Island Tunnel. Luckily, Whiff and Percy were able to rescue Thomas, Bash, Dash, and Ferdinand and took them all back to Sodor. Ferdinand then helped with the completion of the Sodor Search and Rescue Centre along with Bash and Dash.
Ferdinand is the gentle giant of Misty Island, where he works with twin engines Bash and Dash. Instead of burning coal, Ferdinand runs on wood and oil. He is bigger and slower than Dash and Bash, but will always endeavour to join in all the same. He may come across as the simpler-minded, quieter, or even more bashful engine of the three due to his tendency to often let the more boisterous Bash and Dash do most of the talking, but often manages to get in a comment of "That's right!" during the trio's antics. Nevertheless, he is just as fun-loving, goofy, and whacky as the other two. He is considerate, inquisitive, has a big heart, and enjoys joining in and laughing along where-ever there are fun and games to be had.
Ferdinand is a Climax Class C logging locomotive.
Ferdinand is painted teal with blue-grey lining. He has a semi-circular symbol depicting three yellow trees with two brown axes crossing each other on both sides of his cab and tender.
- Ben Small (UK; Misty Island Rescue - sixteenth season)
- Glenn Wrage (US; Misty Island Rescue onwards)
- Bernard Demory (France and French speaking Canada)
- Robin Brosch (Germany; Misty Island Rescue onwards)
- Christian Greger Strøm (Norway; Misty Island Rescue - sixteenth season)
- Kōichi Sakaguchi (Japan)
- Jarosław Boberek (Poland)
- Héctor Moreno (Latin America; Misty Island Rescue onwards)
- Gadi Levy (Israel)
- Mariano García (Spain)
- Jukka Voutilainen (Finland; Misty Island Rescue onwards)
- Ferdinand can run on either wood or oil.
- He travels far faster in the television series than his basis is capable of doing so.
- Ferdinand is the only engine from Misty Island that appears in the Arc Productions era.
- Ferdinand is modified for working on British lines. He has added buffers and screw link couplings.
- His Collectible Railway toy has a black buffer beam as well as a Fowler tender.
- Ferdinand's whistle sound is the Rainbow Sun's in a lower pitch.
- His lamp would later be re-used for Rosie and Yong Bao.
- Wooden Railway
- Take-n-Play (normal and talking)
- Capsule Plarail (Japan only)
- Capsule Collection
- Boss (discontinued)
- Collectible Railway
- Classic Minis
- DC Super Friends Minis (As Martian Manhunter and Mr. Freeze)
- Sweets Minis
|North Western Railway|
|Thomas • Edward • Henry • Gordon • James • Percy • Toby • Duck • Donald and Douglas • Oliver • Barry • The Austerity Engine • Daisy • BoCo • Bear • The Works Diesel • Pip and Emma • Peel Godred Engines|
|Bill and Ben • Harvey • Emily • Fergus • Arthur • Murdoch • Molly • Neville • Rosie • Whiff • Billy • Stanley • Hank • Flora • Victor • Charlie • Bash and Dash • Ferdinand • Scruff • Belle • Porter • Timothy • Marion • Glynn • Ryan • Diesel • Mavis • Derek • Diesel 10 • 'Arry and Bert • Salty • Dennis • Den • Dart • Sidney • Paxton • Norman • Philip • Hugo • Flynn • Winston • Stafford • Dustin|