Engines Working Together is a video game for VTech's V.Smile. It was released in 2005 to coincide with the 60th anniversary of the Railway Series.
Thomas has to tell his friends to come visit the coaling plant for an announcement. But he needs to spell out the names of his friends. Use the joystick to move Thomas and collect the right letters along the way.
After the second stage, Thomas arrives inside the haunted cave and you have to help him find the exit by collect coins for extra points before time runs out.
Flying to the Rescue
Harold has to rescue people around the Island of Sodor. Use the joystick to move Harold and follow the arrows where he needs to rescue. You also have to refuel at the airfield when you run out of fuel. Watch out for black clouds and flying objects.
Thomas has forgotten to collect his cargo. Help Harold deliver the cargo on the right trucks.
Bertie Beats the Clock
Bertie has to collect passengers. Move Bertie around to collect passengers in different stations. Make sure to collect the right amount of people. However, along the way, Trevor will ask you how many animals there are and Terence will ask you which animal is missing. You will have to use the pen to write the correct number and you shall use the coloured buttons to select the missing animal.
Watch out for puddles, oil spills, dirt and other vehicles.
Fill the Troublesome Trucks with the right materials (for example, glass bottles and jars go on the truck with glass).
The Troublesome Trucks will react if you fill them with the right or wrong item.
Count the Engines
- Instrumental tracks of Surprises, Emily and A World Around You are used, as well as music inspired by the show.
- In some releases of this game, it is bundled with a blue V.Smile.
- Most of the music from this game is reused in the Hero of the Rails video game.
- After the game was re-released in 2007 with the V-Motion features, the game's voice over was replaced with a female one. However, the character voices that Michael Brandon does are still intact.
- Skarloey, Duncan and Duke run on the same gauge as the standard gauge engines.
- Arthur's wheels are black instead of red.
- Toby and Mavis are oversized.
- The sprite for Trevor is actually Fergus repainted green.
- Duck, Bill, Ben, Arthur, Duncan and Duke have no whistle sounds.
- Several engines use the wrong whistle or horn sound. These include the following: