| Emily's Rubbish/|
Emily and the Garbage
Emily's Rubbish, retitled Emily and the Garbage in American releases, is the second episode of the eleventh season.
Emily is asked to help a new engine called Whiff, but is mortified to discover he is scruffy and smelly and that the two are to collect rubbish trucks. Emily grudgingly sets off with Whiff, but is teased dreadfully when she meets Gordon, Henry and James. She runs away from him, but sees him again at a level crossing. She hides down a branch line, in a tunnel and by a water tower in succession, but is seen every time. She finally manages to lose him when she sees Spencer in front of some rubbish trucks that he refuses to move. Emily asks the others to help, but they refuse, and Emily realises Whiff is the only one who will. After finding him among some trucks, the two pull the trucks away so Spencer can get through.
- Murdoch (cameo)
- Molly (cameo)
- Neville (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- The Duke and Duchess of Boxford (mentioned)
- Salty (deleted scene)
- In the American narration, Henry gained a Western accent.
- This episode marks Murdoch and Elizabeth's first appearances since the eighth season.
- Salty was intended to have a role in this episode as he is seen in a deleted scene.
- Going by production order, this is the fourth episode of the eleventh season.
- When Emily puffs in the tunnel, some of her smoke disappears, indicating that the scene was cut.
- Elizabeth has Bertie's horn sound.
- When Emily says "Now no one will laugh at me for working with a smelly engine", her driving wheels are not moving.
- James: Who's your messy new friend with the funny whistle Emily?
- Gordon: We smelled you coming from miles!
- Whiff: My name's Whiff!
- Henry: It suits you! Pweeeeeeh!
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Emily og Piff||Emily and Whiff|
|Japanese||エミリーとゴミあつめ||Emily and The Garbage Collection|
|Danish||Emily og Skraldetoget||Emily and the Garbage Train|