Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story or the book.|
Emily's New Route is the tenth (seventeenth in Australia) episode of the eighth season.
The Fat Controller is handing out new routes for the summer. Emily is pleased to be given the job of transporting flour during the summer, but James is unhappy that he has been given the job of carrying passengers along the Black Loch branch, because of the frequent landslides and the monster rumoured to be living in the loch. After Emily's trucks make her late, Emily is transferred to the Black Loch route, but perseveres and discovers that the "monster" is really a family of seals.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Henry (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- George (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- The Storyteller (cameo)
- Gordon (deleted scene)
- Percy (deleted scene)
- Salty (deleted scene)
- Black Loch
- The Scottish Castle
- Misty Valley Branch Line
- The Flour Mill
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Brendam Docks (deleted scene)
- Going by production order, this is the seventeenth episode of the eighth season.
- In the CGI episodes, a still from this episode can be seen on a poster at Maithwaite Station.
- In the book, it shows that Salty was meant to be in the episode as he is trying to cheer up Emily with his stories.
- In the Track Stars/Tales from the Tracks, and The Complete Eighth Series DVDs, the music at the beginning is played a few seconds later and in the PBS and Nick Jr. airings, the music is played earlier.
- Emily is supposed to refill her water tank when James tells her about Black Loch, but she never does.
- When Emily arrives at the mill for the first time, her steam platform is visible.
- When Emily leaves the flour mill with only half the trucks, her third truck does not have a face.
- When Emily leaves after being scolded and when she leaves to collect the second load of flour, her first truck is missing its face.
- The last truck that Emily accidentally leaves behind at the mill has a face at both ends.
- When Emily brakes, her wheels still move.
- In an extended scene of the close up of Emily's wheels, she's only pulling three trucks instead of six as shown in the Come Ride the Rails DVD game, Seeing the Seals.
- Books - Emily's New Route
- Magazine stories - Emily's New Route
- My Thomas Story Library - Emily (discontinued)
- Engine Adventures - Emily (discontinued)
In Other Languages
|German||Emilys neue Strecke||Emily's New Route|
|Norwegian||Emilys nye rute||Emily's New Route|
|Japanese||エミリーのあたらしいろせん||Emily's New Route|
|Italian||La Nuova Linea di Emily||Emily's New Line|
|Spanish||El camino de Emily / La Nueva Línea de Emily||Emily's Way / Emily's New Line|
|Russian||Новый маршрут Эмили||Emily's New Route|
|Portuguese||O Novo Itinerário de Emily||Emily's New Route|
|Gaelic||An Slighe Ur Aig Oighrig||Emily's New Route|
|Hungarian||Emily Új Útvonala||Emily's New Route|
|Finnish||Emilian Uusi Reitti||Emily's New Way|
|Romanian||Nouă Ruta a lui Emily||Emily's New Route|
|Czech||Emilyn nový spoj||Emily's New Joint|
|Polish||Nowa trasa Emilki||Emily's New Route|
|Croatian||Emina nova ruta||Emily's New Route|
|Slovak||Emilyn nový spoj||Emily's New Joint|
|Chinese||艾蜜莉的新路线||Emily's New Route|
|Korean||미리 겁내지 말아요||Do Not Be Afraid Preview|
|Danish||Emilys nye rute||Emily's New Route|
|Swedish||Emilys nya rutt||Emily's New Route|
|Thai||เส้นทางใหม่ของเอมิลี่||Emily's New Route|
Home Media Releases