|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story or the book.|
|Emily's New Route|
Emily's New Route is the tenth episode of the eighth season.
The Fat Controller is handing out new routes for the summer. Emily is pleased to be given the job of transporting flour during the summer, but James is unhappy that he has been given the job of carrying passengers along the Black Loch branch, because of the frequent landslides and the monster rumoured to be living in the loch. After Emily's trucks make her late, Emily is transferred to the Black Loch route, but perseveres and discovers that the "monster" is really a family of seals.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Henry (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- George (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Gordon (deleted scene)
- Percy (deleted scene)
- Salty (deleted scene)
- Black Loch
- The Scottish Castle
- Misty Valley Branch Line
- The Flour Mill
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Brendam (deleted scene)
- Maron Church (deleted scene)
- Going by production order, this is the seventeenth episode of the eighth season.
- Emily is supposed to get water when James tells her about Black Loch, but she never does.
- Black Loch is on The Misty Valley Branch Line, and Emily is a mainline engine, she is too big to go on branch lines.
- When Emily leaves after being scolded and when she leaves to collect the second load of flour, her first truck is missing its face.
- The last truck that Emily accidently leaves behind at the mill has a face at both ends.
- When Emily brakes, her wheels still move.
- Emily looks happy before she approaches Black Loch, even though she is supposed to be feeling worried.
In other languages
|German||Emilys neue Strecke||Emily's New Route|
|Norwegian||Emilys nye rute||Emily's New Route|
|Japanese||エミリーのあたらしいろせん||Emily's New Route|
|Italian||La Nuova Linea di Emily||Emily's New Line|