|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story or the book.|
|Emily's New Route|
Emily's New Route is the tenth episode of the eighth season.
The Fat Controller is handing out new routes for the summer. Emily is pleased to be given the job of transporting flour during the summer, but James is unhappy that he has been given the job of carrying passengers along the Black Loch branch, because of the frequent landslides and the monster rumoured to be living in the loch. After Emily's trucks make her late, Emily is transferred to the Black Loch route, but perseveres and discovers that the "monster" is really a family of seals.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Henry (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- George (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Gordon (deleted scene)
- Percy (deleted scene)
- Salty (deleted scene)
- Black Loch
- The Scottish Castle
- Sodor Flour Mill
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Brendam (deleted scene)
- This is the fourth time we see an engine shudder; the first time was in Daisy, the second time was Thomas and the Magic Railroad, and the third time was Percy's New Whistle.
- In Japan this episode is called "New Line of Emily".
- Going by production order, this is the seventeenth episode of the eighth season.
- Emily is supposed to get water when James tells her about Black Loch, but she never does.
- When Emily leaves after being scolded and when she leaves to collect the second load of flour, her first truck is missing its face.
- When Emily is pulling six trucks and when she pushes the three trucks the last truck has a face at both ends.
- When Emily brakes, her wheels still move.
- A brakevan should have been added to Emily's train.
- When Emily crashes into the pond, the flour trucks "explode".
- Books - Emily's New Route