|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book.|
|Emily's New Coaches|
Emily's New Coaches is the first episode of the seventh season.
A new engine named Emily has arrived, and she has to take some coaches and Annie and Clarabel are the only ones around. Both Annie and Clarabel are shocked that Emily chose to take them. Later, Emily is shunting Annie and Clarabel when Oliver tells her they are Thomas' coaches. As Thomas passes by, he angrily tells her that they're his coaches. Emily tries to find Thomas, who in the meantime was sent to collect some new coaches. Emily is still looking for Thomas when she is told by a signalman that Oliver has not cleared the crossing, so she goes to investigate. Oliver has broken down and Thomas is heading towards him and cannot stop. Emily pushes Oliver out of the way just in time and in gratitude, the Fat Controller presents her with the new coaches. Emily then apologises to Thomas for taking his coaches, and Thomas also apologises for being so cross. Then, Emily asks if they can be friends, and Thomas agrees. Emily loves her coaches and being part of the Fat Controller's railway.
- Annie and Clarabel
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Edward (does not speak)
- Percy (does not speak)
- James (cameo)
- Toad (cameo)
- Harold (cameo)
- Butch (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Cyril the Fogman (cameo)
- The Fisherman (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (deleted scene cameo)
- Farmer McColl (deleted scene cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (deleted scene cameo)
- Toby (original script)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Shunting Yards
- The Watermill
- Henry's Tunnel
- Suddery Castle
- The Fishing Village
- Three Tier Bridge
- Tidmouth Tunnel
- Gordon's Hill (deleted scene)
- The Lighthouse (deleted scene)
- This is Jocelyn Stevenson's first episode as executive producer.
- This is Britt Allcroft's first episode as creative consultant.
- This is the first episode to be narrated by Michael Brandon in the US.
- Mirrored stock footage from Thomas in Trouble is used, as is a deleted scene from Thomas and Stepney.
- In a rare picture, Oliver and Emily have switched sides.
- According to a recent SiF interview with Robert Gauld-Galliers, Oliver's role in this episode was originally meant for Toby.
- At Maithwaite, a London, Midland and Scottish Railway poster is seen.
- The very first scene of the episode is mirrored.
- When Emily leaves the yards with Annie and Clarabel, a faceless Toad model can be seen next to her.
- Thomas is said to be taking Annie and Clarabel back to the yard, but he is pulling red coaches instead.
- Emily's safety valve is referred to as a dome.
- After Emily drops Annie and Clarabel off at the yard, her siderods suddenly change position as she leaves to find Thomas.
- Emily consistently wobbles throughout this episode.
- Throughout the episode, Oliver continually gains and loses his lamp and his right (our left) lamp iron.
- When the narrator says, "Later, the Fat Controller praised Emily", Oliver looks cross.
- Percy has James' whistle sound at the beginning.
- Studio equipment is visible on the right of the screen when Thomas says "Give them back!"
- In a close up of Clarabel, her right eye is damaged.
- In a close up of Emily's coaches after The Fat Controller presents them to her, one of the coaches doesn't have its clerestory roof fixed properly.
In other languages
|Japanese||あたらしいなかまエミリー||Emily the New Friend|
|Spanish||Los nuevos vagones de Emily||Emily's new coaches|
|Danish||Emilys nye vogne||Emily's New Wagons|
|Russian||Новые вагоны Эмили||Emily's New Cars|
|Italian||Le Nuove Carrozze di Emily||Emily's New Coaches|