Emily's Adventure is the twentieth episode of the eighth season.
One night, a storm sweeps across the Island and causes a lot of damage. The following morning, Farmer McColl examines his cow barn to discover that the roof has blown off. So he telephones the Fat Controller, who sends Emily to collect timber to repair the barn.
On her way to Farmer McColl's, Emily has to stop due to a fallen tree. Trevor tries his best to pull it out of the way, but Emily thinks he is going too slowly so she bosses him about, telling him to do his job quicker and blowing her whistle at him. Trevor moves the tree out of the way, but Emily, being impatient, doesn't say "thank you" at all. Emily applies this "be-quick-with-your-job" technique again when she sees workmen clearing the tracks further down the line.
Further on down the line, Emily stops again as a water tower is blocking her line. Elizabeth is trying her best to move it, but once again, Emily is impatient and applies her "be-quick-with-your-job" technique by bossing Elizabeth about. But Elizabeth stands her ground, refusing to take orders from Emily. Soon, Thomas arrives in the opposite direction, and tells Emily to ask more nicely. Realising that her bossiness isn't going to help her at all, Emily asks Elizabeth very nicely to clear the tracks, which she does. Once the water tower is clear of the tracks, Emily says "thank you" to Elizabeth, and then later to Harvey; and gets to Farmer McColl's just in time.
Once the barn's roof is mended, the cows and the calves rest in the soft hay and Farmer McColl thanks Emily for helping him. Emily now knows it is best to say "please" and "thank you" whenever she does a job.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Farmer McColl
- Harvey (does not speak)
- Trevor (does not speak)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Butch (cameo)
- Tiger Moth (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- Lorry 1 (faceless; cameo)
- Going by production order, this is the fourth episode of the eighth season.
- When Trevor tries to clear the fallen tree, there is string attached behind him.
- When Elizabeth tries to push the water tower out of Emily's way, one of the planks underneath her front left wheel bounces up and down.
- In some close-ups of Elizabeth, the eye mechanism is visible in her cab.
- Emily has Henry's whistle sound.
- In a rare picture, it is night in the scene where Emily is sarcastic to Trevor.
- When Farmer McColl thanks Emily, her right (viewers' perspective left) eye is wonky.
- In a close-up of Emily's whistle, two wires can be seen reflected in her right cab window.
- Elizabeth does not have the sounds of a steam-powered vehicle, instead sounding like a conventional petrol-driven engine.
- Take Along (discontinued)
In Other Languages
|Danish||Emilys Lærestreg||Emily's Lesson|
|Swedish||Emilys Äventyr||Emily's Adventure|
|Norwegian||Emilys Eventyr||Emily's Adventure|
|French||Emily et Les Veaux / Le Voyage d'Emily (Québec)||Emily and the Calves / Emily's Journey (Canada)|
|Brazilian Portuguese||A Aventura de Emily||Emily's Adventure|
|Spanish||La Aventura de Emily||Emily's Adventure|
|Dutch||Het Avontuur van Emily||The Adventure of Emily|
|German||Nettigkeit Siegt||Niceness Wins|
|Catalan||El Victòria d'Emily||Emily's Victory|
|Czech||Emilyno Dobrodružství||Emily's Adventure|
|Polish||Przygoda Emilki||Emily's Adventure|
|Croatian||Emina Avantura||Emily's Adventure|
|Slovak||Emiliine Dobrodružstvo||Emily's Adventure|
|Italian||L'avventura di Emily||Emily's Adventure|
|Hungarian||Emily Kalandja||Emily's Adventure|
|Finnish||Emilian Seikkailu||Emily's Adventure|
|Romanian||Aventura lui Emily||Emily's Adventure|
|Gaelic||Oighrig Agus na Laoigh||Emily and the Calves|
|Japanese||エミリーのぼうけん||The Adventures of Emily|
|Korean||부탁은 공손하게||Politely Ask The|
|Greek||νίκες λεπτότητα||Niceness Wins|
|Russian||Приключение Эмили||Emily's Adventure|
Home Media Releases
- It's Great to be an Engine
- Emily's Adventure (Take Along DVD)
- The Complete Eighth Series