|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story or the book.|
- “Emily the late engine! Emily the late engine!”
- ―The Troublesome Trucks
Emily's New Route is the tenth (seventeenth in Australia) episode of the eighth season.
The Fat Controller is handing out new routes for the summer. When Emily feels pleased to be given the job of transporting flour during the summer, poor James is unhappy that he has been given the job of carrying passengers along the Black Loch branch, because of the frequent landslides and the monster rumoured to be living in the loch. After Emily's trucks make her late, Emily is transferred to the Black Loch route, but perseveres, and discovers that the "monster" is really a family of seals, which delight her.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Henry (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- George (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- The Storyteller (cameo)
- Gordon (deleted scene)
- Percy (deleted scene)
- Salty (deleted scene)
- Black Loch
- The Scottish Castle
- Misty Valley Branch Line
- The Flour Mill
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Brendam Docks (deleted scene)
- Going by production order, this is the seventeenth episode of the eighth season.
- In the CGI Series, a still from this episode can be seen on a poster at Maithwaite Station and at Knapford in the twentieth season episode, Buckled Tracks and Bumpy Trucks.
- In the book, it shows that Salty was meant to be in the episode as he is trying to cheer up Emily with his stories.
- In the Track Stars/Tales from the Tracks and The Complete Series 8 DVDs, the music at the beginning is played a few seconds later and in the PBS and Nick Jr. airings, the music is played earlier.
- In the US version, when the rocks fall into the line, Emily has a line saying "Oh no!"
- Emily is supposed to refill her water tank when James tells her about Black Loch, but she never does.
- When Emily arrives at the mill for the first time, her steam platform is visible.
- When Emily leaves the flour mill with only half the trucks, her third truck is missing have a face.
- When Emily leaves after being scolded and when she leaves to collect the second load of flour, her first truck's face is gone.
- The last truck that Emily accidentally leaves behind at the mill has turned around.
- When Emily brakes, her wheels still move.
- In an extended scene of the close up of Emily's wheels, she was only pulling three trucks instead of six as shown in the Come Ride the Rails DVD game, Seeing the Seals.
- When Emily leaves Maithwhite, her brake coach is facing the wrong way.
- Books - Emily's New Route
- Magazine stories - Emily's New Route
- My Thomas Story Library - Emily (discontinued)
- Engine Adventures - Emily
Home Media Releases