Emily's Lucky Day is a rhyming magazine story.
Emily is tired of taking passengers up and down Thomas' Branch Line, but James gets into a jam and the Fat Controller calls on Emily to take James' sightseeing tour and Emily sees places she has never seen before.
- James (does not speak)
- Sir Topham Hatt (does not speak)
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Thomas (mentioned)
- Emily's chimney cowel is painted black.
- Emily's Paint colour has changed from emerald green to pale green.
- Emily is too heavy to run on Thomas' branch line.