|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book, the lorry or the Story Library book.|
- "Oh, it's you. Have you learned to drive properly yet?"
- ―Elizabeth upon meeting the Fat Controller again
Elizabeth the Vintage Lorry, retitled Elizabeth the Vintage Quarry Truck in American releases, is the fifth episode of the sixth season.
Thomas is pulling a special to Brendam. It is heavy, but needs to get to the docks in time for a boat. He is puffing so hard that his siderods fall off. Thomas' crew see an old disused shed, which Thomas thinks is haunted. But instead of finding a ghost inside, Thomas' crew discover a vintage Sentinel lorry named Elizabeth. She has been sheeted for many years, and has not been out since. Thomas' fireman puts some of Thomas' coal in her fire, and soon she is out and working again.
After saying rude things to Thomas, she drives off to the works to get new siderods for him. She still is not quite ready, and discovers that her engine can only just manage hills. But at last she returns, and Thomas sets off to the docks. He arrives just in time for the boat, but the Fat Controller is cross that he was almost late. Thomas explains about his siderods, and is just about to tell him about how rude Elizabeth was, when she pulls up. It turns out the Fat Controller drove Elizabeth when he was younger, and he has Jem Cole restore her to her original beauty.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Jem Cole (does not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Duck (cameo)
- Donald (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- Big Mickey (cameo)
- On PBS Kids Sprout airings, the UK title was used.
- The shed Thomas' crew find Elizabeth in was later used as Toby's shed at Arlesdale End in the New Series.
- The CiTV continuity of this episode during the end credits featured Leah holding up a drawing of Thomas, James and Percy sent in by fellow Wikia user and Thomas fan, Daniel Coffey, after its second airing on 17 February 2003.
- This is the first episode that Jem Cole is referred to by name since the second season, episode Saved from Scrap.
- When Thomas' driver returns from Elizabeth's shed, Thomas wheeshes some steam. But he can not do that without someone in his cab.
- In some close-ups of Elizabeth, her eye mechanism is visible inside her cab.
- The right-hand pillar (viewer perspective) of the bridge Elizabeth goes under wobbles a bit.
- When Elizabeth says "Have you learned to drive properly yet?" the steam Thomas blows disappears and reappears due to a film cut.
- There appear to be two Jem Cole's at the end; one with Sir Topham Hatt and one driving Trevor.
- Two red wires can be seen in Thomas' cab window in a closeup of his driver.
- In the UK narration, the Fat Controller said to Elizabeth that she's the grandest lorry of the whole "railroad". But railroad is an American term for railway.
- Book - Elizabeth the Vintage Lorry and Blessing in Disguise (Germany only)
- My Thomas Story Library books - Elizabeth (discontinued)
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Elizabeth - Veteranlastebilen||Elizabeth - the Vintage Lorry|
|Japanese||ヴィンテージトラックのエリザベス||Elizabeth the Vintage Truck|
|Danish||Den gamle lastbil||The Old Truck|
|Italian||Elizabeth la Camionetta d'epoca||Elizabeth the Vintage Lorry|
|Swedish||Gamla Elisabet||Old Elizabeth|
|Slovenian||Stari tovornjak Elizabeta||Old Truck Elizabeth|
|Russian||Елизавета старинный грузовик||Elizabeth Vintage Truck|
|Romanian||Elizabeth Camionul cel Vechi||Elizabeth the Old Truck|
|Slovak||Elizabet parné nákladné auto||Elizabeth the Old Steam Truck|
|Hungarian||Elisabeth a Gőzteherautó||Elizabeth the Steam Freight Car|
|Polish||Ela, Zabytkowa Ciężarówka||Elizabeth the Historical Truck|
|Chinese||伊丽莎白老货车||Elizabeth the Old Truck|
|Korean||오랜 친구||Old Friends|
|Dutch||Elizabeth de stoomvrachtwagen||Elizabeth the Steam Lorry|
|Thai||รถบรรทุกไอน้ำชื่ออลิซซาเบ็ธ||Truck Steam Name is Elizabeth|
|Serbian||Elizabeta izvrsno kamionče||Elizabeth is an Excellent Truck|
Home Media Releases
|<< Season 5||Season 6||Season 7 >>|
|#01||Salty's Secret||#10||Twin Trouble||#19||Buffer Bother|
|#02||Harvey to the Rescue||#11||The World's Strongest Engine||#20||Toby Had a Little Lamb|
|#03||No Sleep for Cranky||#12||Scaredy Engines||#21||Thomas, Percy and the Squeak|
|#04||A Bad Day for Harold the Helicopter||#13||Percy and the Haunted Mine||#22||Thomas the Jet Engine|
|#05||Elizabeth the Vintage Lorry||#14||Middle Engine||#23||Edward the Very Useful Engine|
|#06||The Fogman||#15||James and the Red Balloon||#24||Dunkin Duncan|
|#07||Jack Jumps In||#16||Jack Frost||#25||Rusty Saves the Day|
|#08||A Friend in Need||#17||Gordon Takes a Tumble||#26||Faulty Whistles|
|#09||It's Only Snow||#18||Percy's Chocolate Crunch||