Elizabeth is a vintage Sentinel steam lorry. She often works alongside the Skarloey Railway.
Prior to his becoming Controller of the North Western Railway, Sir Topham Hatt owned Elizabeth - she notes that he was not the best driver. For unknown reasons, Elizabeth was sheeted in a shed and remained there until Thomas' crew found her several decades later when they needed urgent transportation to the Works for new side-rods. Jem Cole restored Elizabeth and she is to this day in perfect working order.
Elizabeth does not like laziness or rudeness and will respond to both in the strongest terms. Because of this, she can often come off as harsh and severe.
Although she believes roads are superior to rails, she often helps the engines out. She is very sensitive about how others refer to her by her age.
Elizabeth is based on a Sentinel DG4 steam lorry with a three-way tipper behind her cab. She shares a basis with Isobella.
Elizabeth is painted maroon with gold and black stripes.
- Fu Suzuki (Japan; sixth - eighth seasons)
- Keiko Nemoto (Japan; eleventh season onwards)
- Blanche Ravalec (France and French speaking Canada; eighth season onwards)
- Elizabeth is the only character able to insult Sir Topham Hatt without getting into trouble, as she was the first lorry he ever drove.
- Elizabeth's model is now on display at Drayton Manor.
- Elizabeth's shed in the sixth season was used as Toby's shed from the seventh season onwards.
- A large scale model of Elizabeth was made to interact with the Narrow Gauge engines, as used in Rusty Saves the Day and Faulty Whistles. The large scale model was built by Chris Lloyd as revealed in a interview with Sodor Island Fansite.
- Elizabeth's name may have been inspired from the sentinel steam bus with the same name which gives tour rides around Whitby.
- On The Official Website, Elizabeth's name was mispelt 'Elisabeth' until the site was revamped.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued)
- TrackMaster (discontinued)
- Take Along (discontinued)
- Take-n-Play (discontinued)
- Bandai Tecs
- Wind-up Trains
- Pocket Fantasy (Normal and Christmas; Discontinued)
- Mini Die Cast Collection (discontinued)
- Thomas Town (discontinued)
- Nakayoshi (discontinued)