|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book or the Buzz Book.|
| Edward, Trevor and the|
Really Useful Party
The Vicar is planning a garden party to fund a trip to the seaside for underprivileged children. Edward wants to help and, when the Vicar forgets to put posters up, Edward has them put on his boiler, tender and coaches.
Bertie later teases Trevor about being old, but Trevor forgets all about it with the happiness of giving children rides.
Bertie later tries to go through the field to drop off some passengers, but gets stuck in the mud and has to be pulled out. Bertie apologises to Trevor, and the party is a success.
- The Vicar of Wellsworth
- Jem Cole (not named)
- Sir Topham Hatt (does not speak)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Mrs. Kyndley (cameo)
- Diesel (deleted scene)
- The Marklin engine makes an appearance as a scrap engine.
- Diesel was to be in the story, but was removed for unknown reasons.
- In the opening scene and some scenes of Bertie talking to Trevor, studio equipment is visible at the very top of the screen.
- When Trevor circles around at the start, he runs over a plank of wood.
- Edward's trucks derail when he pulls up at the scrapyard.
- Bertie only thanks Trevor, even though it was Terence who had pulled him out of the mud.
- During the close up of Bertie's wheels in the mud, he appears to let off steam, but in the next shot, the steam is gone.
- The people at the garden party are standing on blu-tak or are attached to clear plastic bases.
- When Edward puffs by Trevor, Edward's eyes are wonky.
- George Carlin does not give Jem Cole a southern accent.
In Other Languages
|Dutch||Edward, Trevor en het nuttige feestje||Edward, Trevor and the Useful Party|
|Finnish||Edward, Trevor ja Ylivertainen Virta ja Juhlat||Edward, Trevor and the Unmatched Power and Celebrations|
|German||Eine wirklich nützliche Party||A Really Useful Party|
|Norwegian||Edward, Trevor og den nyttige festen||Edward, Trevor and the Useful Party|
|Welsh||Y Ffair||The Fair|
|Italian||Rendersi utili||Be Useful|
|Japanese||トレバーとすてきなパーティー||Trevor and the Splendid Party|