|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book or the Buzz Book.|
| Edward, Trevor and the Really Useful|
The Vicar is planning a garden party to fund a trip to the seaside for underprivileged children. Edward wants to help and, when the Vicar forgets to put posters up, Edward has them put on his boiler, tender and coaches.
Bertie later teases Trevor about being old, but Trevor forgets all about it with the happiness of giving children rides.
Bertie later tries to go through the field to drop off some passengers, but gets stuck in the mud and has to be pulled out. Bertie apologises to Trevor, and the party is a success.
- The Vicar of Wellsworth
- Jem Cole
- Sir Topham Hatt (does not speak)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Mrs. Kyndley (cameo)
- Diesel (deleted scene)
- The Marklin engine makes an appearance as a scrap engine.
- There are some differences between the UK and US narrations.
- In early UK releases and most US releases, Trevor's theme is missing in the beginning. The music is also missing when Trevor tells Edward that the vicar forgot to put up the posters and Edward tells Trevor not to worry.
- In the US version, Bertie says "People have come from all over the island." before Trevor goes to the loop, while in the UK narration, he says "Edward's idea is really working!".
- Diesel was to be in the story but was removed.
- In Germany, this episode is named "A Really Useful Party". The Italian title is "Be Useful". In Japan, this episode is called "Trevor and the Nice Party". The Finnish title of this episode is called, "Edward, Trevor and Unmatched Power and Celebrations". The Welsh title is known as "The Fair".
- In the opening scene and some scenes of Bertie talking to Trevor, studio equipment is visible at the very top of the screen.
- When Trevor circles around at the start, he runs over a plank of wood.
- Bertie only thanks Trevor, even though it was Terence who had pulled him out of the mud.
- During the close up of Bertie's wheels in the mud, he appears to let off steam, but in the next shot, the steam is gone.
- The people at the garden party are standing on blu-tak or are attached to clear plastic bases.
- When Edward puffs by Trevor, Edward's eyes are wonky.