|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book, the Buzz Book or the VHS.|
The Vicar is planning a garden party to fund a trip to the seaside for underprivileged children, Trevor will be the party's main attraction. Edward wants to help and the next day when the Vicar forgets to put posters up, Edward suggests putting them on him and his coaches. That attracts a lot of guests.
Bertie later teases Trevor about being old, but Trevor forgets all about it with the happiness of giving children rides at the garden party, despite the ground being soaked from rain during the night.
Bertie then arrives and parks on the field to drop off some passengers but then gets stuck in the mud due to not staying on the road like Trevor, fortunately Terence is also there and quickly helps to get him out. Once he is back on the road, Bertie apologises to Trevor for teasing him, and the party is a success. While the Vicar thanks Edward and his crew, Trevor goes to sleep that night, thinking happily about all the children who will now get to see the seaside.
- The Vicar of Wellsworth
- Jem Cole (not named)
- Sir Topham Hatt (does not speak)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Mrs. Kyndley (cameo)
- Farmer Finney (cameo)
- Diesel (deleted scene)
- Wellsworth Vicarage Orchard
- Crocks Scrap Yard
- Shunting Yards
- Tidmouth Hault
- Sir Topham Hatt's Office
- The Marklin engine makes an appearance as a scrap engine.
- Diesel was to be in the story, but was removed for unknown reasons.
- This is the last season 3 episode to include a "pilot narration".
- Some versions of the US narration has no music playing in the opening.
- In the opening scene and some scenes of Bertie talking to Trevor, studio equipment is visible at the very top of the screen.
- When Trevor circles around at the start, he runs over a plank of wood.
- Edward's trucks derail when he pulls up at the scrapyard.
- Bertie only thanks Trevor, even though it was Terence who had pulled him out of the mud.
- During the close up of Bertie's wheels in the mud, he appears to let off steam, but in the next shot, the steam is gone.
- Edward passes through Wellsworth twice.
- The people at the garden party are standing on blu-tak or are attached to clear plastic bases.
- When Edward puffs by Trevor, Edward's eyes are wonky.
In Other Languages
|Dutch||Edward, Trevor en het nuttige feest||Edward, Trevor and the Useful Party|
|Finnish||Edward, Teppo ja Ylivertainen Virta ja Juhlat||Edward, Trevor and the Unmatched Power and Celebrations|
|German||Eine wirklich nützliche Party||A Really Useful Party|
|Norwegian||Edward, Trevor og den nyttige festen||Edward, Trevor and the Useful Party|
|Welsh||Y Ffair||The Fair|
|Italian||Rendersi utili||Be Useful|
|Japanese||トレバーとすてきなパーティー||Trevor and the Splendid Party|
|Polish||Tadek, Edek i przyjęcie||Trevor, Edward and the Party|
|Hungarian||Edward, Trevor és a kerti ünnepség||Edward, Trevor and the Garden Party|
|Slovenian||Edvard, Brane in res koristna zabava||Edward, Trevor and Useful Party|
|Russian||Эдвард, Тревор и действительно полезный вечер||Edward, Trevor and the Really Useful Evening|
|Ukrainian||Едвард, Тревор і по-справжньому корисна вечірка||Edward, Trevor and the Truly Useful Party|
|Greek||Ο Έντι, ο Τρέβορ και το πάρτι||Edward, Trevor and the Party|
|Romanian||Edward, Trevor și Petrecerea||Edward, Trevor and the Party|
|Danish||Edward, Trevor og den meget nyttige fest||Edward, Trevor and the Very Helpful Celebration|
|Slovak||Eduard, Trevor a veľmi užitočná slávnosť||Edward, Trevor and the Very Helpful Feast|
|Czech||Edward, Trevor a užitečná slavnost||Edward, Trevor and Useful Feast|
|Swedish||Edward, Trevor och den nyttige festen||Edward, Trevor and the Charitable Party|
|Chinese||集艾德华特雷弗和非常有用聚会||Edward, Trevor and Set Very Useful Meeting|
|Thai||เอ็ดเวิร์ดช่วยออกความคิดที่ดี||Edward Helped Out a Good Idea|
Home Media Releases